BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Timestamp on BBM messages (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265709)

mikhl 12-27-2013 07:19 AM

Timestamp on BBM messages

Hello people,

I am am sending and receiving BBM messages from my BlackBerry Z10 and I cannot see the time-stamps of either the incoming or outgoing messages. I cannot figure out how to set this to show. Can anyone help me?

I have looked through all of the settings I can think of, in the BBM application and in the general settings.

Thanks in advance,
Michael (y)

ZombieBerry 12-27-2013 08:15 AM

Re: Timestamp on BBM messages

At the top of the message they send you, the Day and Time (Mon 16:35) will show if the message was from an earlier time (different day). If the message is received on the same day, then just the time will show to the right of the person's name (or your name) depending if sending receiving.

mikhl 12-27-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1810385)
At the top of the message they send you, the Day and Time (Mon 16:35) will show if the message was from an earlier time (different day). If the message is received on the same day, then just the time will show to the right of the person's name (or your name) depending if sending receiving.

This is not the case for me unfortunately. Though I have seen this in other people's Z10 devices. There is no date or time displayed on any of the messages.

Thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

ZombieBerry 12-27-2013 09:20 AM

Screenshot would help. So what do you see when someone sends you a BBM message? Just the name and message?

mikhl 12-27-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1810387)
Screenshot would help. So what do you see when someone sends you a BBM message? Just the name and message?

I can see exactly as what is shown in the image you have posted; minus the times on the messages. Where there should be a time, there is a blank space.

ZombieBerry 12-27-2013 10:07 AM

You can try pulling your battery I suppose.

mikhl 12-27-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1810389)
You can try pulling your battery I suppose.

I have tried that, thanks.

rambo47 12-27-2013 09:02 PM

Please fix your profile. What version of the Z10 operating system are you using?

tsac 12-27-2013 09:23 PM

I could find nothing on the BB support site also except some indication the BES server if your on corporate service with the blackberry can cause time stamp issues.

If you loaded any third party apps you can try deleting them and then do the battery removal/re-insert and see if one was causing the problem.

also your showing a 7100 BB