BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Most Recent OS with Password Lock (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=228543)

Kratrz 06-10-2010 08:35 AM

Most Recent OS with Password Lock

Hello,

I need to downgrade........:bb:
:x:x:x

The password lock feature at the top being unavailable is too frustrating ugh.

So really, what is the most recent OS that has the lock.

and where can I get it?

JSanders 06-10-2010 08:57 AM

There's nothing wrong with the password lock. Set a password, use the lock icon on the screen.

Kratrz 06-10-2010 09:08 AM

The problem is that i press the lock on the top of the phone and it doesn't password lock it.....i'm not going to use the lock icon on the screen, when there's such a convenient lock at the top.

i'd rather downgrade to a version that has it available.

devnull 06-10-2010 09:12 AM

press and hold down the "a" key.

I am not sure what OS for the 9700 allows the old function you are requesting.

Kratrz 06-10-2010 09:16 AM

holding down the "a" key does the same thing as the lock at the top (with the new OS at least).

Ugh, why couldn't they just left it alone or set it an option on it. I just want it to password lock, not keypad lock.

devnull 06-10-2010 09:18 AM

sorry, misread your request.

how about tapping the "k" key?

Kratrz 06-10-2010 09:21 AM

add speed dial to k? and yes i like to dial from home page.

also, im not really interested in alternatives, cause i can easily set the left convenience key to password lock it, but thats not exactly what I want.

like ************** i just want the old password lock from the top lock key back. And the only way to do that apparently is to downgrade my OS.

So really, I just need the version number.

penguin3107 06-10-2010 09:24 AM

Alt-Enter will password lock the device.

Kratrz 06-10-2010 09:29 AM

omg.
everyones useless.
i know there's alternative ways to lock the phone...
but i just want the top key to password lock like it used to.
it was too convenient, and then its changed, i dont want to fumble through the home menu, or press buttons on the keypad, and i dont want to set a convenience button to it.

so it leaves me with the option to downgrade to get the feature back....

devnull 06-10-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratrz (Post 1617065)
omg.
everyones useless.

Sorry for trying to help.

Kratrz 06-10-2010 10:06 AM

It's okay, I understand,
but I'm not really wanting to settle for alternatives. Cause the password lock at the top of the 9700 was one of those features that made me go OMFG I DEFINATELY WANT THIS FONE.

Honestly, I think i might like the new feature if i changed my timeout to 1 minute instead of 10, Except when I'm at home, i'd rather it not lock up every minute.

I think i found that 5.0.0.536 is the newest OS with that feature still. If anyone can confirm or deny, that would be appreciated.

penguin3107 06-10-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratrz (Post 1617083)
Cause the password lock at the top of the 9700 was one of those features that made me go OMFG I DEFINATELY WANT THIS FONE.

Unfortunately for you, you put all your stock in a bug.
The "feature" you liked so much was not the way the device is supposed to work.
The way it is now is correct, and you're deliberately going backwards to a broken version.
To each his own, I guess.

Kratrz 06-10-2010 10:40 AM

well, that and the trackpad, and 3g, and slimmer version ahaha, its all good.
but i'd rather not set my left convenience key to password lock, cause i like having it as nothing.

jsconyers 06-10-2010 10:47 AM

Wow @ this thread....

Let's see, what OS version were you running before you upgraded?

Have you tried searching? If you click on the sticky thread, there is a link the previous OS in that thread, and so on, so you could go back pretty far if you needed to.

Or, would you rather someone do that work for you?

Kratrz 06-10-2010 10:52 AM

i have a bunch of older versions on my computer right now.

i just dont want to go with an OS that is too old, and at the same time, i dont want to install another OS that doesn't have the feature.

if there was a changelog somewhere, then that would be awesome.

jsconyers 06-10-2010 10:54 AM

Good luck finding one.

Best bet is to read through the OS threads and see users findings. It should be mentioned in there.

zaksdad 06-10-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratrz (Post 1617107)
i have a bunch of older versions on my computer right now.

i just dont want to go with an OS that is too old, and at the same time, i dont want to install another OS that doesn't have the feature.

if there was a changelog somewhere, then that would be awesome.

I am still using AT&T .405 and works fine for me. Still has lock function top right button.
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

JSanders 06-10-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratrz (Post 1617065)
omg.
everyones useless.

Yep, and you're leading the parade, joker.

Give it a break. People WERE trying to help you.

A polite thank you is in order.

Noopz 06-11-2010 04:54 AM

Whilst the OP is being a rude, I can understand where his frustration has come from.

With all of the 9700s we ordered with in the last few months with fw 5.1.0.116, when you press the lock button on the top the device requires a password to be entered to unlock the device. This is the way it always has been previously, and the way it currently works on my 8900 with OS 5.

With the newer firmwares on the 9700, when you press the lock button on the top, all you need to do to unlock the device is press it again - no password is needed.

I'm not sure why RIM have changed it, but they should've at least put an option in to set password required upon unlock.

JSanders 06-11-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noopz (Post 1617341)
I'm not sure why RIM have changed it, but they should've at least put an option in to set password required upon unlock.

I'm not taking up for RIM. But why... they have standardized the function across the board on all models to this format, it appears.

Still, why? I dunno.