BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Themes (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   How do I get hold of the Today Theme (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=149747)

Smatty 09-12-2008 04:17 AM

How do I get hold of the Today Theme

For my bold. I'm a bit groggy in the morning, so I like to turn my bold on and see what meetings I have for the day.

My sim free bold came with only two themes, Zen and Zen Silver

Any help much appreciated.

Any other themes about?

Smatty 09-12-2008 06:32 AM

Someone, please :cry:

amassere 09-12-2008 07:27 AM

i had the same request..and the answer is...u cant :-(!

Smatty 09-12-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amassere (Post 1097374)
i had the same request..and the answer is...u cant :-(!

So you cant show what is in your diary for the day, like the 'today' theme on all other BB's????:?

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

estabulla 09-12-2008 07:53 AM

Unfortunately for the Bold I think the number of themes is limited and from what I am told most vendor themes look the same. Try unlocking the other themes and see if you have any luck.

rambo47 09-12-2008 09:35 AM

They're coming, but they require an entirely new kit from Plazmic to create them. Patience.

beyondthesmile 09-13-2008 12:07 PM

bplay.com now has some Today themes up for the Bold but I haven't tried any of them.

Michael_bb 09-13-2008 01:28 PM

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyondthesmile
bplay.com now has some Today themes up for the Bold but I haven't tried any of them.

I just downloaded one but I'm not crazy about it. It's the iberry today theme. Unless I've missed something the home screen only has by default Message and Calender and no icons. The icon for the browser is rediculous. A compass?? If anyone is familiar with their products do you know if the theme is configurable?

greggebhardt 09-13-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_bb (Post 1098936)
Wirelessly posted (Bold)

I just downloaded one but I'm not crazy about it. It's the iberry today theme. Unless I've missed something the home screen only has by default Message and Calender and no icons. The icon for the browser is rediculous. A compass?? If anyone is familiar with their products do you know if the theme is configurable?

OH NO! Not a compass for the browser! It has to be from a iPhone user!

Medic48 09-13-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estabulla (Post 1097394)
Unfortunately for the Bold I think the number of themes is limited and from what I am told most vendor themes look the same. Try unlocking the other themes and see if you have any luck.

I have unlocked all the themes and no today them. They are pretty much the same (all the vendor themes) so far.

--Phil

Cory Scheuer 09-13-2008 09:33 PM

can you use a theme from say a 8800 or 8300 4.5?

Dubdub 09-14-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer (Post 1099325)
can you use a theme from say a 8800 or 8300 4.5?

AFAIK, themes are pretty much for device specific. Could be wrong as I have not kept up with the latest in theme making.

Crooky 09-14-2008 07:33 AM

Wirelessly posted

Try the new Bplay Reflex 2 Today Plus theme - probably does what you want.

Smatty 09-14-2008 12:54 PM

Cheers folks, I will have a look (y)

Smatty 09-15-2008 10:04 AM

Just purchased the iBerry 2.0 Today plus - its canny and does everything I want 8-)

adamzeit 09-15-2008 11:23 AM

Ditto - bought the iBerry Today Plus theme - works perfect!

Michael_bb 09-15-2008 11:47 AM

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamzeit
Ditto - bought the iBerry Today Plus theme - works perfect!

Well maybe the iberry today plus theme is better then the iberry today theme. On the iberry today theme they didn't even bother to center the date. How 2nd rate is that?

adamzeit 09-15-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_bb (Post 1101069)
Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Well maybe the iberry today plus theme is better then the iberry today theme. On the iberry today theme they didn't even bother to center the date. How 2nd rate is that?

Well, the iBerry Today Plus theme shows "Messages" with the 2 most recent new messages displayed. Then it shows Calendar with your 2 next upcoming appts. The, the "plus" part I guess is that when you scroll down past the calendar, the first 5 icons from your top row of icons appears and you can select one of those 5 items.

But NO - the damn date is NOT centered on this one either! It appears to be right-justified with the time (the time is centered).

I have never purchased from Bplay prior to this....so they send out "upgrades" if they enhance an existing theme that you purchased?? Like fixed it and added functionality? That would be nice....especially for $ 8 for this one! But otherwise, it does what I wanted....for sure.

Michael_bb 09-15-2008 12:02 PM

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamzeit
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_bb (Post 1101069)
Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Well, the iBerry Today Plus theme shows "Messages" with the 2 most recent new messages displayed. Then it shows Calendar with your 2 next upcoming appts. The, the "plus" part I guess is that when you scroll down past the calendar, the first 5 icons from your top row of icons appears and you can select one of those 5 items.

But NO - the damn date is NOT centered on this one either! It appears to be right-justified with the time (the time is centered).

I have never purchased from Bplay prior to this....so they send out "upgrades" if they enhance an existing theme that you purchased?? Like fixed it and added functionality? That would be nice....especially for $ 8 for this one! But otherwise, it does what I wanted....for sure.

I agree that the functionality is ok. Although if you add a wallpaper to the front page it also uses the same wallpaper on the applications page.
That is also amature. Why would somebody want to put a wallpaper usually loaded with a picture or scene on the second page that is covered with icons?? I'm dissapointed and feeling like I overpaid for this.

adamzeit 09-15-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_bb (Post 1101093)
Wirelessly posted (Bold)

I agree that the functionality is ok. Although if you add a wallpaper to the front page it also uses the same wallpaper on the applications page.
That is also amature. Why would somebody want to put a wallpaper usually loaded with a picture or scene on the second page that is covered with icons?? I'm dissapointed and feeling like I overpaid for this.

Yea - I hear you - I put a wallpaper on and it shows up on both pages...that is a bit "JV" for sure. Hopefully they will make some updates to their themes....