BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   7250 + DST Patch = Paperweight (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=67252)

joepelaez 03-01-2007 08:56 AM

7250 + DST Patch = Paperweight

I am BES Admin for my Co and during the DST patch install the phone went into a continuous reboot cycle. The screen never comes on just the red LED for several seconds then it turns off and repeats about every 5 seconds. I would like to try to wipe the handheld or reinstall OS, but I can not get my PC to complete a constant connection to the phone due to the rebooting. I have already tried a few things:

1. remove the battery - (once for over an hour)
2. tired to make connection with javaloader - no success

Anything else you know of that I can try?

Thanks!

blueoverride 03-01-2007 09:01 AM

Someone made a DOS based app where you can COMPLETELY wipe it. I will attempt to find the name of it but that sounds like your only option. I had a 7750 on our BES that I attempted to patch that blew up. Thing was so old it took 4 hours to put an OS and restore the data to it. Talk about a PITA.

joepelaez 03-01-2007 09:07 AM

Most of our users have upgraded to the VZW 7130e or 8703e. However we still have a few 7250's out there. This is the only one that had an issue. I have tried the DOS based javaloader from BB. It will not detect the phone due to the phone turning on and off. Will this other app be able to make a connection?

Carnager1 03-01-2007 10:12 AM

congrats. same thing I am working on right now. They pushed the DST patched and a clients BB never came back up, the hour glass is just spinning and spinning for the past couple hours. Javaloader will not kick in for some reason :(

Pizzle 03-01-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepelaez
Most of our users have upgraded to the VZW 7130e or 8703e. However we still have a few 7250's out there. This is the only one that had an issue. I have tried the DOS based javaloader from BB. It will not detect the phone due to the phone turning on and off. Will this other app be able to make a connection?

Try taking the battery out, connecting, forcing the detect, and then, as it begins the wipe process, re-insert the battery.

joepelaez 03-01-2007 11:32 AM

What software should I use, how do I "force" a connection?

Carnager1 03-01-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepelaez
What software should I use, how do I "force" a connection?

I've removed the battery
attempted to use desktop manager
attempted to use javaloader

nothing.

Pizzle 03-01-2007 01:48 PM

Been a while since I've had to do it. I'll try to remember the exact process...

Keep Desktop Manager open. With the battery out, plug the phone in. Nothing will happen.

Next step I'm fuzzy on. Either under connection settings, click detect, or go directly through your application loader (I think it's the latter).

The screen should pop up prompting you to "upgrade" your software. This will wipe and reload everything.

joepelaez 03-01-2007 03:07 PM

It Worked!

Thanks Pizzle, I have it up and running again.

I appreciate your assistance!(y)

Pizzle 03-01-2007 06:03 PM

Awesome. Happy to help. Welcome to the forums. :)

ducatidds 03-02-2007 08:54 PM

Thank god for this forum, was almost ready to buy a replacement BBerry, 2 months Out of warranty...Then I remembered i was having issues AFTER I downloaded this patch

Carnager1 03-03-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatidds
Thank god for this forum, was almost ready to buy a replacement BBerry, 2 months Out of warranty...Then I remembered i was having issues AFTER I downloaded this patch

You have to nuke the device using BES manager under LOCAL PORTS. You will need the users device as well.

tractorcrusher 03-03-2007 06:05 PM

I had to do the same firmware restore earlier this week to 3 or 4 blackberries after pushing the DST patch... I was about to tell their owners they'd have to buy a new one, which I was regretting.

Fortunately I remembered the firmware restore trick and salvaged everything. *whew*