BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   8520 freezing upon startup (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=250191)

ROBERTOLOVESYOU 06-15-2011 07:40 AM

8520 freezing upon startup

hey guys,
my bb 8520 is freezing upon startup. it wont load fully. every time the white loading bar stops at the same point - the e on blackberry. i have tried starting in safe mode (holding the back/esc key) i have tried the soft reset and double soft reset. i have also tried battery pull and leaving the battery out for some time. no luck.
dunno what to do now and having bb withdrawl symptoms lollol
hope u guys can help.
thank u
r
:bb:

Dubdub 06-15-2011 09:22 AM

Re: 8520 freezing upon startup

Is it giving any error code?

What did you do just before this began? Did you drop it or get it wet?

Most likely it is a theme or app conflict or corrupt file, if it didn't get damp or wet. You will probably need to wipe the device with Jl_cmdr (see the FAQ) and reload the OS (see the sticky at the top of the 8500 section and make sure that you load one for your specific device).

ROBERTOLOVESYOU 06-15-2011 06:30 PM

no error code. i was just taking out my memory card and the battery fell out by accident. and when i reboot now it just freezes.
i did get my screen replaced last week cos i pushed against. but it has been working since. now when i plug in the phone to the charger or laptop via usb it sometimes tries to load up and stops at the e, or sometimes it just shows a battery symbol with an x symbol thru it.

Dubdub 06-15-2011 08:03 PM

Battery in correctly?

razmig 07-09-2011 01:32 PM

hi Robert Im having the same exact problem the restart bar gets stuck at "e" of blackberry, were u able to find the solution? ive tried everything i could till now nothing !
thank you in advance :smile:

aiharkness 07-09-2011 01:39 PM

razmig, how long have you waited? In the odd case it has taken the BlackBerry 20+ minutes to boot up for some. Give it 30 minutes after removing the battery to be sure it isn't going to boot. And remove the battery while the power is on, and remove microSD media card if you are using one.

Do that and let's see where you stand.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

razmig 07-09-2011 01:42 PM

Hi aiharkness,

In one of the battery removing reboots, i did wait 30 minutes before putting the battery back on again the same problem..
any advice?

aiharkness 07-09-2011 01:46 PM

No. I mean wait 30 minutes after reinstalling the battery to make sure the BlackBerry is not going to boot.

razmig 07-09-2011 01:48 PM

o ok will do that :) and get back in exactly 30minutes
sorry i posted in multiple places, my line of reasoning being that certain users enter certain places only
will reply in 30 in this thread

razmig 07-09-2011 01:49 PM

thank you again

razmig 07-09-2011 02:25 PM

Hi Airharkness,
The phone is still stuck in reboot at the "e" ..
So the next step would be to do the OS reinstallation, how is that done? and would I be losing any information like phone numbers ?
Thank you

aiharkness 07-09-2011 02:35 PM

See blackberryfaq.com and the two articles on JL_CMDER. You'll use that, or alternately BBSAK, to wipe the device. This process will remove all software, all data, everything. If you don't have a backup or if you haven't sync'd with anything then you'll be starting over from scratch.

You can use Desktop Manager to automatically load the latest official OS version released by your carrier. Alternately you can download the OS package from your carrier and install it manually. Or, see the "latest OS" thread for your model here on the forum and follow the instructions in the stickied post.

razmig 07-09-2011 02:39 PM

thanks i'll do that