BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Bb 8320 Help Badly Needed :( (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=248998)

notiboi 05-18-2011 12:57 AM

Bb 8320 Help Badly Needed :(

Guys this is the first time i am posting since i am having a weird problem on my BB phone. it started when i upgraded my phone's OS from 4.2 to 4.5. everything was ok at first then i noticed that i have not been receiving calls and SMS. i checked the service status and found that on the voice services status says NOT CONNECTED. and Connection: NOT CONNECTED. I can do internet but i cannot call nor send SMS. i called by service provider and they said that everything is of since when i use my sim card to other phones, i can make sms and calls. i tried batt pull out a couple of times but its not working. i tried to downgrade the OS back to 4.2 but still not working. i also confirmed from my service provider if the IMEI number is not blocked and they said that its not.

Then this morning i was able to receive and SMS and when i checked the status it was fine everything was ok. so i tried to activate my enterprise and after the activation the same thing happened again!. it went back to service not available. i can receive emails and browse the net but call and sms is not working again.

please help as i am getting frustrated by this phone :( thanks much in advance

rambo47 05-18-2011 09:06 AM

Re: Bb 8320 Help Badly Needed :(

You can only activate Enterprise if you're on a corporate BES system or a hosted BES solution. Most likely you use BIS. You should log into Globe's BIS portal and re-enter your PIN and IMEI to ensure your BlackBerry data plan is indeed pointing at your device.

Resending all your service books is another possible fix. I would follow that with a battery pull.

If nothing else helps you might have to reload the software onto your BlackBerry. Make sure you use BB software designed specifically for your EXACT model That means not using 8110 software on an 8100.

Dubdub 05-18-2011 09:34 AM

notiboi, what phone do you actually have - your profile says 8100 yet the title of the post says 8320? Please update your profile to reflect your current device.

notiboi 05-19-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1722106)
You can only activate Enterprise if you're on a corporate BES system or a hosted BES solution. Most likely you use BIS. You should log into Globe's BIS portal and re-enter your PIN and IMEI to ensure your BlackBerry data plan is indeed pointing at your device.

Resending all your service books is another possible fix. I would follow that with a battery pull.

If nothing else helps you might have to reload the software onto your BlackBerry. Make sure you use BB software designed specifically for your EXACT model That means not using 8110 software on an 8100.

Hi rambo47 thanks much for your reply. I am using a hosted BES. would like to ask how do i resend all service books? I've already reloaded the OS based on the right phone and for the right carrier but to no avail. still the same. now at 10pm all the service is available then come 10am call and text service will be suspended/unavailable. my carrier couldn't give me an answer as to why that is happening since in their system everything shows fine. :-(

rambo47 05-19-2011 08:06 AM

Here's what I do, but I'm on regular BIS. You can try going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table and use the Menu key to select "Register". Then log into your carrier's BIS page, selecting Help, and then clicking the button for Resend Service Books. That usually get the job done on BIS, but a hosted BES might have different procedures. I'm not familiar with hosted BES as a user so I'm not sure if you still have access to your carrier's BIS page or if it's even relevant.

With a hosted BES you may need to call the company and have them resend your service books.