BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Network Outages - powered by DataOutages.com (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Is RIM currently down?? April 28th 2008? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=127258)

VizioNy 04-27-2008 11:44 PM

Is RIM currently down?? April 28th 2008?

I am located in the northeast, is RIM currently down? I wasin the midst of an upgrade to v. 4.1.5 and up to the step where it does SRP verification. And I cannot seem to access blackberry.com / .net ?

JSanders 04-27-2008 11:45 PM

Seems the website it. The network appears fine.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumo...page-down.html

VizioNy 04-27-2008 11:49 PM

Network is fine? Are you sure? I cannot seem to contact their SRP.US.BLACKBERRY.NET

JSanders 04-27-2008 11:58 PM

BIS is up... I personally can't test BES.

itzminyufoo 04-28-2008 12:12 AM

My email and web is down also, however Opera Mini works just fine.

CaptainBDSC 04-28-2008 12:33 AM

I cannot log on to the portion of my provider's website which enables me to create/delete email accounts... really making me upset. was in the middle of troubleshooting...

Tripred 04-28-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VizioNy (Post 910295)
I am located in the northeast, is RIM currently down? I wasin the midst of an upgrade to v. 4.1.5 and up to the step where it does SRP verification. And I cannot seem to access blackberry.com / .net ?

Registered tonight just to help with this thread. We called RIM, they are having DNS problems, no ETA on a fix. Because of this anyone using the named SRP servers are going to be DOA if they restart services or the server...

Here's a temporary workaround - use the IP 204.187.87.33 (srp.na.blackberry.net) for your SRP server name in the Blackberry Router configuration tab. I was able to pull this from our DNS cacher.

Be sure to put srp.na.blackberry.net back into your config when they come back online... you never know when that IP might change.

GregSlater 04-28-2008 12:48 AM

On 8 servers:

ERROR: gethostbyname() failed for name srp.na.blackberry.net: Valid name, no data record of requested type (11004)

EDIT: Started composing this before Tripred posted. Tripred, thanks for the static IP address for temp usage.

VizioNy 04-28-2008 01:04 AM

Thnx Tripred. At least I can goto sleep now and hopefully change it back in the morning.

chriswight 04-28-2008 02:58 PM

No Problems Today

Hi, we have 5 BES in London (uses srp.uk.blackberry.net), Hong Kong, and three other spots in N America (use hk and na.uk.blackberry.net), but have not seen any issues connecting to RIM today. Not a single SRP disconnect. However we did see a large number of intermittent SRP disconnects last week on all BES that lasted for just a few seconds each. I don't mean to divert from the thread, but would be interested to know if anybody else saw problems with SRP disconnects last week. Thanks.

wunderbar 04-28-2008 03:09 PM

No issues here in Western Canada(Edmonton AB at least)

GregSlater 04-28-2008 04:54 PM

I don't recall any issues last week... but will have to look at the SRP test logs on my monitor station. This specific issue last night didn't last too long and likely most of the other BES admins (at least in the US) without insomnia missed it.

chriswight 04-28-2008 10:19 PM

Maybe there were issues...

Just got paged out tonight for our Toronto BES not being able to connect to the SRP. No reported problems at RIM. SRP.CA.BLACKBERRY.NET and SRP.NA.BLACKBERRY.NET resolve to the same IP's, but for some reason Toronto BES was reporting the problem when other N American BES were not. Ran IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS and that fixed it. Weird, it still resolves to the same IP's, except the former primary IP is now the secondary. One more BES issue to investigate tomorrow. Not hard to imagine how this could've been related to DNS changes on RIM's side today.

3nAdmin 04-28-2008 11:36 PM

i am in Southern California and have report BES Outages on and off since 1pm Pacific time. i have been trying to figure out if it was our server for the past 2 hours... and i even googled outages didn't come up with anything till i came here i know i should have came here 1st.... oh well now i will be able to sleep tonight.

-on a side note i know i have seen it before is there a site that i can sign up for RIM outage to save me some time?

TIA!

Sith_Apprentice 04-28-2008 11:37 PM

-= Dataoutages.com =-

3nAdmin 04-29-2008 12:09 PM

thanks for the link Sith!

My BES services are still down anyone else still not receiving any email?

knottyrope 04-29-2008 12:36 PM

Just signed up for data outages. Kewl info