BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Which Android Device Has The Best Battery? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=254120)

SmoothOperator 10-04-2011 07:28 PM

Which Android Device Has The Best Battery?

The consensus is that any Android device has a battery that will last only until dinner. Given the notion that Android devices drain batteries quickly, does anyone here have an opinion as to which device has the strongest battery?

daphne 10-04-2011 11:56 PM

Re: Which Android Device Has The Best Battery?

Not sure why you would post this on a BlackBerry forum....
If you want an answer from a number of experienced Android users, you might want to post it on an Android forum.

dc/dc 10-05-2011 07:16 AM

I agree with daphne, but I will say from my fairly wide Android experience that so far my best has been the HTC Incredible S (Droid Incredible 2). I could go for 36 hours on 3G with no charge. I usually didn't, but I could.

audit 10-06-2011 01:44 PM

I go on average of 2 days with my Atrix. That's with Bluetooth on for about an hour and average usage mainly at night for emails before I need to charge it.

Dubdub 10-06-2011 01:49 PM

Battery life is on how you use the device, not how someone else uses it. No two peopole would have the same use pattern ont he same device. Its one of those open ended questions that no one can really answer.

jsconyers 10-06-2011 02:17 PM

Had the EVO 4G and the battery was terrible, the EVO 3D has much better battery life.

SmoothOperator 10-06-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1748643)
Battery life is on how you use the device, not how someone else uses it. No two peopole would have the same use pattern ont he same device. Its one of those open ended questions that no one can really answer.

True, but there must be a median usage when you poll all smartphone users out there. Take that median usage and apply it to the phones in question and an answer may be reached.

Dubdub 10-06-2011 10:16 PM

Don't agree, but it's your choice and your question, not mine.

jsconyers 10-07-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothOperator (Post 1748701)
True, but there must be a median usage when you poll all smartphone users out there. Take that median usage and apply it to the phones in question and an answer may be reached.

There are too many variables for this to work. Different carriers, different network technologies, CDMA uses more battery than GSM, different locations, I may get good Verizon coverage where I am, but someone else may not, this will kill your battery fast. Different applications that use more battery or less battery on the phone.

rambo47 10-07-2011 08:44 AM

My Evo 4G battery life blew chunks (whoever Chunks is). The Samsung Epic Touch 4G is supposed to be pretty good though.

dc/dc 11-25-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandybaby (Post 1756759)
I think that almost all the batteries of the Android devices are the same, they all have a disadvantage, that is their batteries are easy to die!

Thanks for your extremely unhelpful post in an old thread. (n)