BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   10.4.11 & Missing Sync 1.0.2 anyone have it working with 8130 (VZW)? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=104253)

johnbbny 11-10-2007 06:30 PM

10.4.11 & Missing Sync 1.0.2 anyone have it working with 8130 (VZW)?

I am unable to sync with my Pearl 8130 (Verizon Wireless) at all using Missing Sync 1.0.2. I get a spinning "Connecting to device" message, and then it just times out.

I am on Mac OS X 10.4.11, using a Powerbook G4. The Pearl mounts / unmounts fine in System Profiler, etc. The phone is connected directly to the Powerbook -- no USB hub involved. No combination of Calendar / Contacts / Notes / Preferences in the application seems to make any difference.

I've tried re-installing the app several times. Tried restarting with and without the phone connected. No difference. I've wasted hours on this.

I had PocketMac installed, but I uninstalled it using the uninstaller that came with it. (I also Spotlighted anything having to do with PocketMac and deleted that, for good measure.)

So I'm at a loss. Has anyone had any success with this?

I'm terribly disappointed with this software, and I don't recommend that anyone purchase it for use with the 8130 until these issues are explicitly stated as being fixed.

My latest error log before giving up:

--
Starting sync at 11/10/07 6:17 PM...
BlackberryUSBDevice::openUSBInterface
BlackberryUSBDevice::doInitialHandshake
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Echo (0)
Wrote 14 bytes to device (messageType = 0)
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Echo (0)
Wrote 14 bytes to device (messageType = 0)
Read 270 bytes from device
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Guid (1)
Wrote 14 bytes to device (messageType = 1)
Read 270 bytes from device
Deciding: 00
Read 32 bytes from device
Re-sending guid request
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Guid (1)
Wrote 14 bytes to device (messageType = 1)
Read 32 bytes from device
Got second read
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Device Info (2)
Wrote 14 bytes to device (messageType = 2)
Read 20 bytes from device
Got device with pin: 31-79-DC-E1
initializeDevice: sending message info
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Info (4)
Wrote 24 bytes to device (messageType = 4)
Read 26 bytes from device
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Reset (6)
Wrote 8 bytes to device (messageType = 6)
Read 10 bytes from device
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Info (4)
Wrote 24 bytes to device (messageType = 4)
Read 44 bytes from device
Prefix byte 2 is 8
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Handshake (5)
Wrote 8 bytes to device (messageType = 5)
Read 12 bytes from device
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Num Commands (7)
Num commands with prefix: 8
Wrote 10 bytes to device (messageType = 7)
Error reading from device (e0004051)
Error communicating with device: read number of commands acknowledgement failed.
BlackberryUSBDevice::doInitialHandshake failed
BlackberryUSBDevice: dealloc
BlackberryUSBDevice::closeDevice
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Close device (19)
Wrote 8 bytes to device (messageType = 19)
Error reading from device (e0004051)
Error closing device, reading message.
Synchronization cancelled due to error. Could not connect to device.

Tiamegs 11-10-2007 07:41 PM

Here is another thread that you might want to follow:

Apple - Support - Discussions - does blackberry sync? ...

Looks like others are having similar problems. I have used missing sync for my Treo, and it worked great. I was looking into downloading it for my new Blackberry 8130, but after reading that several others are having issues, I might wait. I wonder if not enough people have reported to Markspace that missing sync is not working with the Verizon pearl for some reason. I imagine they will work on a fix if it is there issue. They have good customer support, maybe an email to them might help. Pocketmac is working okay for me right now, so I will stick with that until this gets solved. Good luck, and please post your findings so all of us mac users know what to do to solve this!

johnbbny 11-11-2007 07:39 AM

I discovered that soft-resetting the Blackberry restores communication. I was able to sync, but now I have the dreaded double entry problem in the calendar.

Tiamegs 11-11-2007 10:23 AM

Is it entering all your events twice?

Tiamegs 11-11-2007 03:14 PM

Sorry, I did not read your post close enough, it sounds like it is entering all your dates twice. I had a similar problem with Pocketmac. It does the same thing. The solution might be the same for missing sync. I think it is because of "iSync" on your computer which automatically syncs entourage with ical. I use Entourage, and it was syncing both Entourage and ical, so everything was appearing twice. I went into my ical and turned all the syncing off, as well as sync services and turned off all syncing. I unchecked anything under ical in pocket mac, then I deleted all the items on my calendar in the blackberry, and re-synced it. It then just synced with Entourage, and did not double everything. Hope this will work for Missing Sync!

johnbbny 11-11-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamegs (Post 736432)
I use Entourage, and it was syncing both Entourage and ical, so everything was appearing twice. I went into my ical and turned all the syncing off, as well as sync services and turned off all syncing. I unchecked anything under ical in pocket mac, then I deleted all the items on my calendar in the blackberry, and re-synced it. It then just synced with Entourage, and did not double everything. Hope this will work for Missing Sync!

... it doesn't.