BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Screen covers for 8700c? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=20651)

mindzeye 12-02-2005 07:44 PM

Screen covers for 8700c?

Hi there. Just wondering if any screen covers are available for the 8700c. I had a 7290 before this one and seeing how the 8700's screen is flushed with the body, it looks like it will be more susceptable to scratches. The screen cover I am talking about are the adhesive types that they sell for Palm's or the PSP. Any ideas?

TIA!

luckiweeman 12-02-2005 09:31 PM

I just grabbed one of the WriteRight screen protectors and cut it to size. Works beautifully.

dwella 12-03-2005 12:06 AM

I see some on ebay...

d

Lex Luthor 12-03-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckiweeman
I just grabbed one of the WriteRight screen protectors and cut it to size. Works beautifully.

Do the WriteRight protectors leave a film on the screen at all?

takeshi 12-05-2005 11:16 AM

It looks like Screenguardz now has one for the 8700. I'm currently using a Windows CE WriteRight which works ok for the moment. Most of my scratches are on the clear plastic above the screen but it looks like some scratches are working their way down toward the actualy display area...

justin.culp 12-05-2005 11:28 AM

I bought some palm ones from officeMax, photocopied my BB (a suggestion by a member) layed it over and cut it to size. I pricked out holes for the ear section and it works perfectly. You can't even tell there is a screen protector on there.

I did take me a few tries to get it perfect though....I've got it mastered now.

If anyone has questions about the actual application (can be tricky), reply.

Airpoppoff 12-05-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeshi
It looks like Screenguardz now has one for the 8700. I'm currently using a Windows CE WriteRight which works ok for the moment. Most of my scratches are on the clear plastic above the screen but it looks like some scratches are working their way down toward the actualy display area...

Have you used Screengarudz?

I'm not sure but if for 10 bucks It comes with 15 covers? I don't want to have to replace my covers every week if they are crappy, I'd understand if it was a touch screen, but I would like something preferably really durable, that also would stay on the screen without peeling off, any Ideas?

mindzeye 12-05-2005 04:27 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll try out the screenguardz version.

Obsidiank 12-05-2005 04:30 PM

just placed an order for teh screen guardz..I hear Martins overlays are teh best...www.overlayplus.com...but they dont'make one fit to size for teh 8700c yet

takeshi 12-05-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin.culp
I bought some palm ones from officeMax, photocopied my BB (a suggestion by a member) layed it over and cut it to size.

That's clever! I did a mediocre job of trying to trace my 8700's screen by hand... I'll have to give this method a shot.

tpsboston 12-05-2005 05:13 PM

I bought a screen gaurd for the Sony PSP. There were two in the pack. One I used on my PSP and the other I cut to size with a sharp scissor for my 8700c. Works well enough for now.

BB8700C 12-06-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin.culp
I bought some palm ones from officeMax, photocopied my BB (a suggestion by a member) layed it over and cut it to size. I pricked out holes for the ear section and it works perfectly. You can't even tell there is a screen protector on there.

I did take me a few tries to get it perfect though....I've got it mastered now.

If anyone has questions about the actual application (can be tricky), reply.

I am going to do the same thing..... (y)

Stinsonddog 12-07-2005 12:05 PM

Any word on Screenguardz

Has anyone gotten them and can comment on how good they are?

BB8700C 12-07-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB8700C

I did this yesteday and worked like a charm, now I have a bunch of clear screens left over.

Stinsonddog 12-07-2005 02:59 PM

Do you have a template now

Can you scan it and post it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB8700C

kjaslow 12-07-2005 03:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I ordered some ScreenGuardz which I expect to arrive in the mail today. I've previously only used JavoEdge, so it will be interesting to see the difference. I'll post my impressions after I've had some time with it…

barjohn 12-07-2005 03:31 PM

I too ordered some. I have only used PPCTech's, which are excellent, in the past.

BB8700C 12-07-2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Can you scan it and post it?

I don't have a scanner..but I can tell you what I did.

1. Make a copy of the BB
2. Peel off one of the clear screens and put it right on the copy of the BB and trace it out.
3. take the cut out off the clear screen and place on your phone.

(y)

Inphektion 12-07-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjaslow
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I ordered some ScreenGuardz which I expect to arrive in the mail today. I've previously only used JavoEdge, so it will be interesting to see the difference. I'll post my impressions after I've had some time with itxxx8230;

yea i only used the javoedge in the past too so i'd be curious to see what you think of the screenguardz. Where were these ordered from, I don't see them on the smartphonedepot site.

RochesterBBOwner 12-07-2005 05:29 PM

Web Address

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inphektion
yea i only used the javoedge in the past too so i'd be curious to see what you think of the screenguardz. Where were these ordered from, I don't see them on the smartphonedepot site.

http://www.screenguardz.com/phones/blackberry-8700c