BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PIN number randomly changing...? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=23498)

jibi 01-10-2006 01:29 PM

PIN number randomly changing...?

Today, we had a user who was having issues. I looked in the BlackBerry Manager and it showed his PIN as 0. Thinking nothing of it, I opened up his account and then his PIN was listed as "Device (PIN=7C82FB28)", then that immediately changed to 641484. Below, it said "(SERVER11) No PIN". I closed out of there and opened user stats and it showed 51382 as the PIN. I closed there and BlackBerry Manager now shows 24135064 as the PIN. That is very, VERY weird. I'm not too concerned, unless simply removing him doesn't fix the issue. Prior to all this, when sending an email, he received the "Transaction error - failure at service" message.

Anyone else ever have this happen before? I've never seen more than one PIN associated to a single user in the past - obviously there can't be unless its simply a refreshing issue within BlackBerry Manager. However, in 4 different places in BlackBerry Manager, I have 4 different PINs (or lack of a PIN) listed - none of them are the correct one, either!

cschrage 01-10-2006 03:47 PM

I had an issue with changing PIN's on a device...

From the user - I got a message yesterday morning (Sat) that I needed to do some sort of upgrade on my Blackberry. *It asked me type in START and then went through a series of changes finally giving back my screen to use. *However, since that time I have not seen any e-mail come through it.

When I got a hold of the unit, the PIN was no longer 200CBD90 but FFFFFFFF.
The BES still had the correct PIN of 200CBD90.
- Sim card is fine - Tested fine in another device
- HH wipe did nothing
- Cingular confirmed the device is the problem...conflict with the HH software and handheld.
- I ended up replacing the unit

The_Pleasureseeker 01-10-2006 06:12 PM

PIN number randomly changing...? Me Too

I have also been having the issue with the pin changing that jibi is having.

I have BES 4.0 SP3 in a Microsoft Exchange 2003 environment.

I just started seeing it. I have no idea what is going on.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

jibi 01-10-2006 06:17 PM

To add, I just installed HF2 for 4.0 SP3 (BESX) just a few days ago. I've had HF2 running on my other two BES servers for a while now, though, without issue.

Dookie 08-01-2006 07:49 AM

I have same issues with some devices in here - mostly it's because of failing policy (Dunno why). It's resolved when you try to activate the device for 2nd time. I've tried to ask RIM but they have no current info - just told me to restart the activation.

srodney3 08-08-2006 08:39 AM

Random PIN changes

I have the random PIN (one being 7c82fb28) issue with some of my devices. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thanks
srodney3

blackberry1 08-08-2006 10:05 AM

When I got a hold of the unit, the PIN was no longer 200CBD90 but FFFFFFFF.
The BES still had the correct PIN of 200CBD90.

If you PIN shows FFFFFFFF ,it means that the area of the flash memory storing PIN information is corrupted,it happens very rarely.The only way to fix it is a device RMA through the vendor or carrier,the device needs to be flashed.Having PIN FFFFFFFF ,the device cannot register on the RIM relay,since the device cannot be identified.

Javaloader or Apploader do not access ,the protected memory of the BB ,hence are of no use.

Its interesting how the probelm manifested itself.. as 641484 and 51382 do not even add upto 8 characters.

I don't like Cingular's explaination.. its was interesting though.

jibi 08-08-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srodney3
I have the random PIN (one being 7c82fb28) issue with some of my devices. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thanks
srodney3

it's been a while. not sure if there ever was a solution, short of wiping the device and rebooting the BES (and i'm not even sure if i did that).