BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   HELP! with my Blackberry BOLD won't turn on (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=173087)

hype129 01-28-2009 05:01 PM

HELP! with my Blackberry BOLD won't turn on

Hello all,

I so someone out there can help me, about 2 days ago my blackberry bold went a little nuts but I was away from a computer to try and re-sync?

What is happing is everytime I try and turn it on I get a RED LIGHT and won't power ON.

When I got home I just tired re-syncing it and I get a white screen with a battery sign with a light bolt and still power up!

If anyone know what is the matter please HELP ME
Thank you
hype129

steveoevets 01-28-2009 05:08 PM

Hmm - battery issue. It's dead and not charging perhaps. Try charging it with the wall charger rather than the USB. The USB may not have enough juice to charge your battery if it's completely discharged.

hype129 01-28-2009 05:20 PM

Thank you I will try this if not maybe I wondering what else it could be I know I was using it and turned it off that night woke up the next day and it would'nt not power on.
hype129

ezrunner 01-28-2009 05:33 PM

I would try a full charge.

then a new battery or perhaps a wipe and reload of the OS as a last resort

hype129 01-28-2009 05:40 PM

Thats the thing I can't even get it too BOOT UP nothing excpet the red light
No hour glass nothing, the red light disappers but still won't turn on or boot up

Thank you
hype129

ezrunner 01-28-2009 06:02 PM

Okay
try the procedure below

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

If JL_CMDER won't connect try
What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

here is the latest OS
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...F22A6C2A830A17

Norseman 03-09-2009 08:03 AM

Hyper did you wipe it and did that resolve the problem? I'm experiencing the same exact problem.

elCampo 03-18-2009 07:24 AM

Hello all, I got the same problem with few devices (I´m working with them).
The red diod is only blinking and BB want not start.
I did everything what I can or know, but nothing helped. It is not problem with batery because in another one it is working fine. If i try to wipe it, got only error log: cannot open port and aplications quit. Interest is that I can find device as USB device in PC device manager.

mcbbcn 04-11-2009 09:10 PM

This is how I got it to boot...

Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

1. While the BB was connected to the power wall, I removed the battery

2. I waited 30 seconds, you should see a red light during that time

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.

I'm going to wait a little bit and see if it charges completely.

I hope it helps.

M.

razor 04-12-2009 10:31 PM

I've noticed on a few devices that sometimes you need to leave the bberry plugged in to a wall charger for at least 30 min. assuming the device is working fine and it doesn't have any other issues. It worked for me on a few bberrys.

mbowserjr 05-05-2009 07:19 AM

If you have the device plugged in, unplug it. Remove the back cover, pull the battery, wait 20 seconds, replace the battery, replace the cover and hold down the power key. You're device should turn on to the same red light and bolt thingy. Plug it into a WALL charger until the default clock appears and then unplug it again. This should bring you to your home screen. Turn the device off and plug it back in until it's fully charged. This just happened to my wife's Bold and it's working again.

I hope that this helps!

Carmen573 05-15-2009 07:09 AM

Ok, I have the same issue. I have tried all of this and nothing happens...I am so disappointed. Can anyone give me anything else to try???????????

escape_her_stare 06-19-2009 12:51 AM

Hi

Im having a similer type of issue, i got this BB from a mate, it didint have a battery, so i bought a new one off ebay n such, all im getting is the red light on top.... i dunno what to do ive never owned a BB before

defurr 10-18-2009 08:05 PM

Here is what I experienced and the outcome:

1. Used phone all day long. By 11:00 p.m., it's giving me a low battery LED.
2. I have no wall charger, so I try to put it on standby mode.
3. Next morning, I try to bring it back to life. Says it's out of juice and shutting down. Apparently standby did nothing to preserve battery.
4. Tried for the rest of the day to get it to charge on a USB cable connected to a PC. No dice. It would alternate between the red LED with a black/blank screen, and then no LED with a white screen showing the charging battery/lightning bolt symbol. If I tried to power it on during this, nothing would happen; just keep alternating. Also tried popping the battery. Nothing.
5. Brought it home and plugged it into its native wall charger for about an hour. Checked it, and it was showing the clock. Huge sigh of relief.

Megkins 10-18-2009 09:53 PM

I just had this same issue earlier today. Use my phone half of the day with no issues, then realized a few hours later that I hadn't received any phone calls or texts, so I went over to my phone to check it and it was dead (when it shouldn't have been, it charged all night last night and still had a mostly full charge). I plugged it in to the wall charger and got a solid red LED light but no response to anything. Then after leaving it there for a while I got the white screen with the lightening bolt. I did a search on here and tried a few things. It didn't respond to DM, so I tried leaving the battery out for a bit (not that long though) and nothing. Then I tried plugging it in to the charger, pulling out the battery for a few minutes while plugged in, then put it back in, then let it charge for about 10 minutes and I heard my phone notify me that I had a text. I ran over to it and it showed a red battery, the charge was completely gone when it shouldn't have been. It was totally drained. I charged it all the way and now it's fine. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

This actually really scared me because I had an issue with my last one where the phone died and the red light would blink 3 or 4 times then pause, then repeat. I had wipe it with jl cmder which did end up working but I lost some data.

TheFlyingPlant 11-22-2009 12:29 AM

Will it work?

hi..so..I have the exact same problem..my blackberry had a low battery so it turned off..I tried to charged it with the USB on the wall and the red light came with black screen..then the red lights begins to blink a few times...SO you people are saying it's gonna work with trying to charge on with the Wall charger ? I hope this is so.. and I'm so sad I can't find my wall charger :?

Tekcure 11-22-2009 07:37 PM

Blackberry would not turn on but now it will :)

So I tried the procedure for wiping the device except, it would interupt in the middle saying application loader was unable to connect with your device.

I tried charging it with my Wall Charger, only to find it would not work, what I did find that would charge it was my cigarette lighter charger in my car.
I had the same problem with my 8310 where only my PC or car would charge it.

Then the icon came up saying I need to reload software and
I ran loader.exe /nojvm and it worked great.

Thanks everyone I now have a working Blackberry Bold.

calycanto 12-19-2009 02:08 PM

The post above with this advice worked for me. I'll repeat it again here. Seems like this happens when you let it run totally dead (as opposed to simply allowing the battery to run to the point the radio shuts off). Scary stuff!

Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.

I hope it helps.

M.

isabelle.hui 12-24-2009 11:27 PM

I still couldn't turn on my BB!!!!!

I had the same exact thing happen to my BB. I've try everything I can here. But it still wouldn't turn on. :cry:

Last night my battery went low. and it automaticly show me a white bright screen. When I got home, I charged it with the wall charger. And I got the red LED light shown up. after a while. it gave me a white screen with the battery and a electric bolt.

Please help me. I'm going overseas in 2 days time. I need this to work and start up asap!

Thanks.

isabelle.hui 12-24-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbbcn (Post 1350076)
Hi,

I hope it helps.

M.

I've tried this. But it only works for the first time. But then it turned off again. I tried the 2nd time, it couldn't turn on again.