BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Unable to syn properly from Mac to BB (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=241120)

20/100 12-04-2010 12:51 PM

Unable to syn properly from Mac to BB

Bonjour,

First day with my BB 8350i, I'm completely lost. Sorry for any stupid question I could ask.
I used for years iPhones, but as we need the radio option on a Nextel, we decided to buy one BB for the company, here in Brazil.

So I downloaded the Mac BlackBerry Desktop Manager, each time I try to perform a sync from the iMac to the BB, I've got an error message regarding the process (just after in the middle of the contact process).
Calendar is ok, nome of my contacts are installed on the BB.
Don't know why ?

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Best regards
Vincent

Dubdub 12-04-2010 01:19 PM

Re: Unable to syn properly from Mac to BB

Do you have the contact sync correctly configured?

20/100 12-04-2010 01:35 PM

I think so, never had any problem doing this before. I'm checking all and I can't find why this isn't working.

Dubdub 12-04-2010 02:13 PM

Using the latest version of the MAC Desktop Manager? I am running a beta version, so I can't really try things out.

What Mac OS on the Mac?

Syncing to Address Book, Office, or other?

Did it work before with this device on this Mac? If so, try a battery pull on the BB.

20/100 12-04-2010 02:54 PM

The version of DM is 1.0.4, on OSX 10.6.5, intel iMac.
Syncing to the address book I use with all the Mac devices, trough the Mobile me account.
I checked everything, and I don't see anything wrong.
Long time ago (in a galaxy far far way) I used to have a HTC P3300, it wasn't impossible to sync also, only using the "Missing Sync" program. But now with the BB mac prgm it should be running as silk.

Dubdub 12-04-2010 03:00 PM

I don't have any problems, but since I am running a beta version of a new program, I can't try things out.

Are you syncing with MobileMe or an app on the Mac? I never could get MobileMe to work correctly.

Did you try a battery pull on the BB?

Might delete DM and redownload and reinstall it.

20/100 12-04-2010 03:38 PM

Yep, I did a battery pull without success, just did another try, installing on the MacBook Pro, same error... really strange.
No I'm not syncing via Mobile Me, but trough the mac himself (at the moment I tried on the iMac & on the Macbook Pro)
I can't figure to get a phone without my contacts inside :-)

What is a DM ?

PS: nice plane on your avatar.

20/100 12-06-2010 10:19 AM

Bonjour, did the try on reinstall DM, without success. So I put the MBP on the dark side seven, installed the program, and THEN it worked like a charm.
I hate PC's side of thing, but that time it runs...

Dubdub 12-06-2010 10:52 AM

Sometimes you have to go tot he dark side....

Glad you got it working.