BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Opera Mini & Default Browser Both (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=128596)

erichall1 05-06-2008 09:00 PM

Opera Mini & Default Browser Both

Ok, I finally got Opera mini working by entering the info in options>TCP.
now my regular browser does not work. Why? If I have Opera Mini does that mean I can't still use the default browser? It tells me it can't get a connection.

Whoa wait a minute I just tried it again and the default browser worked so I exited and then Opera did not work. What's the deal do you have to wait a while in between before switching browsers?

Also does Opera mini have anything similar to "Column View"

I am starting to think that Opera mini is just to much trouble for the 8120

erichall1 05-06-2008 09:23 PM

Update - now opera is working again.

I'm going to leave Opera now and see if the default browser works ........................

Now the default browser is telling me HTTP error Service Unavailable due to overloading or maintenance of the server.

This seems to be a lot of crap if you have to wait 10 or 15 minutes with both browsers closed before you can change from Opera Mini to the default browser or vice versa.

Anyone have any idea if this stupid situation can be corrected?

Yup.... The default Browser is now saying a communication failure has occurred.

Guess I just have to close it and wait 10 or 15 minutes.

Ridiculous!!!

JSanders 05-06-2008 11:28 PM

Very strange. Are you on WiFi?

deepppimp 05-07-2008 01:34 AM

hi....I'm new and I have a bb pearl 8100 and I need to know if i can use my browser without a sim card or and plan....I have wireless router in my house...how to connect my pearl to my home wireless....someone plz help me cuz I'm getting crazy with this phone I need to know all the settings ad how to set It andoh yea I do have opera....

xsnail 05-07-2008 05:39 AM

what info did you enter into tcp?

JSanders 05-07-2008 05:49 AM

deepppimp, your 8100 does not have WiFi, for starters, you can't connect wirelessly to it. Without a SIM card, neither the BB browser nor Opera Mini will work.

Jagga 05-07-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erichall1 (Post 920272)
Update - now opera is working again.

I'm going to leave Opera now and see if the default browser works ........................

Now the default browser is telling me HTTP error Service Unavailable due to overloading or maintenance of the server.

This seems to be a lot of crap if you have to wait 10 or 15 minutes with both browsers closed before you can change from Opera Mini to the default browser or vice versa.

Anyone have any idea if this stupid situation can be corrected?

Yup.... The default Browser is now saying a communication failure has occurred.

Guess I just have to close it and wait 10 or 15 minutes.

Ridiculous!!!

Check your Opera Mini settings.

Menu> Settings> Network> Protocol: (Socket or HTTP)? What is set here? If using WiFi try changing from Socket to HTTP.

scottjb 05-08-2008 07:01 AM

@erichall1,

Try Mobile View. You can get to it from OM settings or by pressing 1 while viewing a page.