BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   HELP, password (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265656)

Fisherguy 12-13-2013 08:01 PM

HELP, password

I have a Z10 on an enterprise server, today it asked me to input my company email password (it's been doing that a lot lately) and told me the one I put in was not right.

After a while it asked for the device password and again it told me it was incorrect, now I'm at try 7. Plugged it into my computer to see if I can reset it and now Blackebeery Link is telling me I need to enter my password into the phone but I'm running out of chances, anyone know what's going on and how to fix this before it wipes itself?

Fisherguy 12-13-2013 08:54 PM

Re: HELP, password

Been Googling it, I think I'm screwed....
I don't get it though, I input that stupid PW dozens of times a day cuz or the corporate settings, 30 minutes of non use and it asks for it

(and NO I'm not going crazy)

tsac 12-13-2013 10:33 PM

First you posted in the Z10 area and list a 9780.
Change the model or avoid posting here.

The issue you have is not the cause of the Z10 its the IT policy your company set. I have the same requirement (my timeout is 5 minutes) and after a while I learned to be very careful in putting in a password. As for the timeout, unless your company allows longer times or less secure passwords you will just have to learn to deal with it.

Fisherguy 12-13-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1810082)
First you posted in the Z10 area and list a 9780.
Change the model or avoid posting here.

The issue you have is not the cause of the Z10 its the IT policy your company set. I have the same requirement (my timeout is 5 minutes) and after a while I learned to be very careful in putting in a password. As for the timeout, unless your company allows longer times or less secure passwords you will just have to learn to deal with it.

Wow, really? It's a Z10, excuse me if I haven't updated my profile.

As for being careful, ya, ok, after 1 or 2 times maybe but after trying more than that I'm pretty sure it's not a case of fat thumbs.

Thanks for the "help" though...

rambo47 12-14-2013 04:07 PM

What version of the operating system are you running? I had problems with email passwords being "forgotten" by my Q10 early on. I had to wipe my Q10 and restore, and then an update to the operating system sorted it out.

tsac 12-14-2013 05:43 PM

Thought of that but because the OP did not post his OS level and I have the "fat finger" issue with my Z10 I thought it best to look at the IT requirements and such. He also seemed to be complaining about the requirement to put in a password after a few minutes and that is generally a classic IT "control " issue. His best bet is to check with his IT person and slow down or put his finger on a diet!!:razz: