BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   os update (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265103)

ep8703 08-31-2013 07:58 PM

os update

I tried to use a leaked OS but something on there didn't work so I went back to the leak that was there before.but the phone seems a little slow and choppy.
any idea on how to make it right again if possible.

rambo47 08-31-2013 08:22 PM

Re: os update

Once you've munged it up with leaked versions of the OS, the only way back is often (but not always) a complete wipe/restore.

I quit living on the bleeding edge and installing the latest version of the OS for my BlackBerry(s). I find an official version that works for me and then I leave it alone. I guess I don't have the patience anymore for all the tinkering.

ep8703 08-31-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1807428)
Once you've munged it up with leaked versions of the OS, the only way back is often (but not always) a complete wipe/restore.

I quit living on the bleeding edge and installing the latest version of the OS for my BlackBerry(s). I find an official version that works for me and then I leave it alone. I guess I don't have the patience anymore for all the tinkering.

I did a re install so if it comes back I to will just wait till AT&T release one I guess. but I had that problem with the tour also. I found a leak that work well on the battery and when sprint put out a update I left it alone.

alicepattinson 09-01-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ep8703 (Post 1807425)
I tried to use a leaked OS but something on there didn't work so I went back to the leak that was there before.but the phone seems a little slow and choppy.
any idea on how to make it right again if possible.

I agree with rambo, if you have any big problems aftwer the update, you definitely have to do a restore.

dc/dc 09-01-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicepattinson (Post 1807455)
I agree with rambo, if you have any big problems aftwer the update, you definitely have to do a restore.

I bet you do.

rambo47 09-01-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicepattinson (Post 1807455)

And install a carrier-blessed version of the OS. That means downgrading to a version of 10.1, but you should get stability back. I won't mess with leaked versions anymore. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the glitches that pop up. I need to be in contact constantly these days so "mission critical" trumps experimenting and satisfying my inner geek.