BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BlackBerry Browser Service Book? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=893)

TonyJ 10-01-2004 03:33 PM

BlackBerry Browser Service Book?

I noticed that I now have a BlackBerry Browser Service Book.

I insalled ReqWireless' browser as well as upgraded my desktop redirector software prior to noticing this new service book.

I'm not sure which resulted in this new service book.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-tony

bfrye 10-01-2004 06:41 PM

Don't ask any questions and enjoy the BB browser ;)

finch 10-01-2004 07:14 PM

Fair amount of carriers are making the move to upgrade their BES servers 4.0 for example and have started offering public MDS or features to that nature which offers users html browsing on there BB's at no added cost as long as your within you data limits.

bfrye 10-01-2004 07:14 PM

I haven't noticed that in the US :( Hopefully we'll jump on the bandwagon soon enough

Mark Rejhon 10-03-2004 02:54 PM

Verizon now has Public MDS?

TonyJ, try installing WebMessenger from Webmessenger.com free trial version and see if it already works on your BlackBerry without needing to buy BES/MDS hosting. I'd like to know if Verizon users are able to do this.

ScOObydoo 10-03-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfrye
I haven't noticed that in the US :( Hopefully we'll jump on the bandwagon soon enough

T-mobile has the Internet Service book, I can send it to the account for my 7100 AND for my 7230.

vinniet 10-04-2004 08:53 AM

I have a 7230 thru T-Mobile and I do not see a internet service book. Did you do something to get it to show up.? Is there something I can do to have it show up?

iRoninTMO 10-04-2004 11:40 AM

The BB recieves service books in two ways, desktop connection or OTA connection to service provider. The Blackberry Browser is another [BrowserConfig] service book. I can't remember if it is delivered by the network or the desktop sync.

Gothalyptic 10-04-2004 12:34 PM

AT&T don't have it yet :( still using myblackberry.us. I hope as well they jump on the wagon soon, it'll save me $10 a month that I can put torward saving for another BB in the future ;)

vinniet 10-04-2004 02:25 PM

How does the BB get the service request from the desktop? It would have to be installed with a update, I would think.

How does it get it from OTA? Who would initiate it?

Gothalyptic 10-04-2004 02:28 PM

Your Carrier, or you would initiate it. all it is, is a bunch of 1's and 0's sent through the radio waves and into your phone. complicated process, just know that it works ;) lol

jibi 10-13-2004 02:17 AM

It would depend on who its coming from as to whether or not it would be a desktop application update or an OTA update. If its from a BES server that your company runs, it would be a desktop update (as seen when enabling MDS for a new user - from my experience, they must cradle to get the service book). I will assume that if its a BWC 4.0 update, then it will be an OTA requested update.