BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Cancel Verizon contract (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=94640)

bemelo56 09-11-2007 01:47 PM

Cancel Verizon contract

Does anyone have a fool-proof way of getting out of my current Verizon contract without paying an ETF?

I've heard of people getting out due to increases in TXT message price and long-distance calling per minute, but these changes have already come and gone.

Didn't know if anyone had any good ideas that would work currently?

Thx in advance.

murpheous 09-11-2007 01:49 PM

just keep bothering their support people, maybe they'll "fire" you like sprint did to 1000 customers a month or two back.

Sorry, I am of no help

John Clark 09-11-2007 01:50 PM

You signed a contract....Why should they let you out of it?

bemelo56 09-11-2007 02:02 PM

I'm simply unhappy with their service and would like to look elsewhere.

penguin3107 09-11-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemelo56 (Post 663290)
I'm simply unhappy with their service and would like to look elsewhere.

You had at least 14 days (maybe more) when you started your agreement to decide whether you were satisfied with the service.
Now, you should do the right thing and pay the ETF to terminate your account.

LunkHead 09-11-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemelo56 (Post 663265)
Does anyone have a fool-proof way of getting out of my current Verizon contract without paying an ETF?

I've heard of people getting out due to increases in TXT message price and long-distance calling per minute, but these changes have already come and gone.

Thx in advance.

Fool-proof???

Pay the termination fee!!! It's called honesty and accountability...

But then again what do I know.... I better leave this theft thread alone before I get a BBF sponsored vacation...

Kris

Dawg 09-11-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemelo56 (Post 663265)

Thx in advance.

pay your bill and they will let you out with out any issues. Be honest and not a crook.

LunkHead 09-11-2007 06:58 PM

That's to easy dawg... It's far easier to ask for help with stealing a data plan, scamming your way out of a contract and oh, did I mention stealing data????

Sorry, vacation here I come and I blame my hacked avatar :)

dc/dc 09-11-2007 07:17 PM

As was mentioned before, pay the ETF. That is the only legal and sensible method to exit a mobile telephony service contract.

John Clark 09-11-2007 08:04 PM

I don't think this thread is going anywhere....

-Just Closed-