BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pandora is Good to Go (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=253229)

ZombieBerry 09-08-2011 10:01 PM

Pandora is Good to Go

You can download the latest version of Pandora (1.1.11) at Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music , it is compatible with all BB OS 7 phones, but you have to go to the website as it has not shown up in app world yet.

aiharkness 09-09-2011 02:38 PM

Re: Pandora is Good to Go

I'm frustrated....I've done alt-RST, I've installed app world again over the existing app world. Haven't deleted app world and resinstalled, but Pandora still shows as unavailable.

Well, I'll delete and resinstall and see if that shakes something loose or bumps me to the head of the line, or something.

EDIT: Just have to wait unit App World remembers me. Uninstall and reinstall didn't do it for me.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

ZombieBerry 09-09-2011 04:19 PM

aiharkness? It is NOT available on app world.

You have to download directly from their website. Sorry I cannot be more of a help, but with a Canuck IP, I am sol...lol

aiharkness 09-09-2011 04:22 PM

Ahh, ok. I missed that detail. That's what I get for glancing at blog headlines and not reading before running off thinking I know what's going on.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm a moron. Thanks Zombie. I didn't even read your OP. But now I have Pandora on the 9900. Excellent!

sleeper55 09-09-2011 08:48 PM

thanks op! been waiting for this since day 1.

Soapm 09-09-2011 09:56 PM

Is pandara the one you have to add songs to your music queue? I use IHeart which has actual radio stations. I like jazz and there are several good stations on that app...

ZombieBerry 09-09-2011 11:35 PM

I can't use Pandora (Non US IP), so I use TuneIn Pro....well, I haven't used it yet, but I have it installed.

Just opened TuneIn, lots of stations to choose from, gonna be exploring this for awhile. I tried Slacker a long time ago, never tried it again.

aiharkness 09-10-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm (Post 1743416)
Is pandara the one you have to add songs to your music queue? I use IHeart which has actual radio stations. I like jazz and there are several good stations on that app...

With Pandora you create a station with a seed (song name or artist) and the it plays music that has same or similar characteristics, usually beginning with a song by the artist you used for the seed. You can then add variety to the station by adding other artists or other songs. Again, Pandora will play music on that station that is similar to the artists and songs you have listed. You also can "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" selections to calibrate you station, so to speak. And you can create multiple stations (max 100, I believe).

The great advantage of Pandora is it helpes you discover new music you like that you might never hear. And it has me pegged as far as what I like and don't like. I have maxed out my stations and I usually just set it on mix, and it's like listening to free form radio in the old days, but without commercials, and I rarely hear a song I don't like.

Soapm 09-10-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1743464)
With Pandora you create a station with a seed (song name or artist) and the it plays music that has same or similar characteristics, usually beginning with a song by the artist you used for the seed. You can then add variety to the station by adding other artists or other songs. Again, Pandora will play music on that station that is similar to the artists and songs you have listed. You also can "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" selections to calibrate you station, so to speak. And you can create multiple stations (max 100, I believe).

The great advantage of Pandora is it helpes you discover new music you like that you might never hear. And it has me pegged as far as what I like and don't like. I have maxed out my stations and I usually just set it on mix, and it's like listening to free form radio in the old days, but without commercials, and I rarely hear a song I don't like.

You sold me, I will give it a try. I hear about Pandora but I think I got intimidated not knowing the objective or how it worked. Sounds like it takes a little effort upfront to get it "calibrated" but after that period you should be good to go...

Soapm 09-10-2011 01:54 PM

PS... Can I make the tweaks on my PC and have the difference impact my BB listening?

aiharkness 09-10-2011 02:01 PM

Yes, you create an account. Then sign in on whatever platform you are using.

I believe you can use it from the full website without creating an account, only it won't save your selections when you close.

The set up is a piece of cake. Be sure and click on the link to privacy settings and make sure it is configured the way you want as far as others seeing your stations and all that, if that is something you care anout either way.