BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   VIBER - not working on BB9860 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=261150)

obi1 08-21-2012 04:16 AM

VIBER - not working on BB9860

Hi.I donno why, i've just downloaded viber from app. world, i 've instaled it but when i try to start the aplication, i just can't get through the spinning clock on vibers start page.and it keeps spinning for ever.i am using the leaked OS for bb 7.1.0_b1886_(PL5.1.0.480_A7.1.0.649).It wasn't workin' neither on previous OS.Is there any issue from Viber with OS 7.1?Or with this type of BB?I've got 3G coverage, i've got bb data plan, i've got wi-fi ... still...
Thanks in advance.

Viber 08-26-2012 04:31 AM

Re: VIBER - not working on BB9860

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

@Obi1- Please try to uninstall, Wait 24 hours and reinstall back to your device.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks in advance,
Viber Team

obi1 09-03-2012 12:40 AM

i've done that.still not working, clock spinning forever on main screen, nothing happens.i had to uninstall it.

Viber 09-03-2012 11:25 AM

@obi1 -

Please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network.
Also, try installing Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks, and use the direct download link from our official HelpDesk: bit.ly/KSxfu1

If this doesn't help, you may use this direct link in order to contact our support team. After you give them the details of the problem, they'll hopefully be able to assist you further.

obi1 09-04-2012 12:18 AM

i'm from Romania, my carrier is Vodafone. my phone model is bb9860, and i'm running OS 7.1.0.523.I've tried everything still no change.I know it doesn't have voice calls yet, but still, back in times it used to work on my bb9700.since this change of devices, not working at all.

Viber 09-04-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obi1 (Post 1786815)
i'm from Romania, my carrier is Vodafone. my phone model is bb9860, and i'm running OS 7.1.0.523.I've tried everything still no change.I know it doesn't have voice calls yet, but still, back in times it used to work on my bb9700.since this change of devices, not working at all.

Vodafone Romania is known to block Viber on their 3G network. Have you tested Viber on your Blackberry when connecting to a few different WiFi networks? Is the result the same?

If it still doesn't work, please contact our support team at: bit.ly/ukGVJ0 and elaborate on the problem. They will try to assist you further.

obi1 09-07-2012 01:53 AM

not working.i've tried to download only on wi-fi.i've turned of the mobile network, data, i've only left the wi-fi on.so i managed to install, as usual, but still teh same results.forever spinning clock on the main screen, as usual, but no stepping forward.sorry, it seem just not to work on my bb.i'll just wait for an upgrade from viber.anyhow, thx for the replies.

swtemy 09-07-2012 05:26 AM

Re: VIBER - not working on BB9700

Hi,

I had viber before but I deactivate it because some friend told me to do so as I can't update but when I am trying to install, it say's in my mobile "unavailable in this device" what is the problem?

Many Thanks

Viber 09-07-2012 10:52 AM

@obi1 -
As I wrote, you can use the link I provided in order to contact our Support Team. They will be happy to assist you and hopefully help you resolve the problem.

@swtemy -
Which Blackberry exactly are you using?
Also, you can try rebooting your device, then installing Viber through the direct link in our HelpDesk, at: bit.ly/KSxfu1