BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Download BBLight/BBWeather/BBToday/BBReply binaries (GPL source code included!) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6944)

14pups 01-15-2006 12:36 PM

BB reply

I have successfully used BB Reply on my old 7100t. However, I just downloaded it on my 8700c (running on TMO) but I don't the "Send Using" option when I want to reply to a message.

Anyone?

TIA

wrxboi 01-19-2006 05:02 PM

what's bbreply used for???

ptorres 01-20-2006 09:46 AM

Hello everybody,

This is my first time posting on this site. I found it very helpfull and informative for all the BB users. However, I had installed those applications, but BB Weather doesn't work at all.

Every time I choose the option "Update Now" an error message comes up: "Error: Failed to transmit". If I disable the MDS Proxy, the message said: "The application BBWeather has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside which is not allowed by your IT policy".

I had to tried to disable the firewall, but for some reason I can't; Doesn't give me that option....

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

KonTiki 01-20-2006 10:11 AM

You must be in a corporate BES and there is an IT policy set by your company that is in effect that does not allow you to use this application.

Mark Rejhon 01-20-2006 10:13 AM

If this is a company-provided BlackBerry (i.e. you are on a BES at your company) your company IT policy is blocking this ability. You may have to talk to your IT administrator.

ptorres 01-20-2006 07:08 PM

I have BES thru Link2exchange. Does BES affect most applications?

bsic 01-28-2006 10:05 AM

Just installed bbreply, and added a few email addresses.

After rebooting my BB, i see the "set reply-to" when composing a mail. However my default reply-to address i specified in the BWC always shows up as the reply-to address, no matter which one i select using bbreply.

Any ideas? Im sure its something obvious im missing :oops:

phillyslickster 01-28-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Here's the BlackBerryTools binaries again!

For others interested:
- the story of what happened
- source code information
- substitutes and alternatives to BBTools

Enjoy!

Edit: bbCorrector has now been added. I hereby uphold GNU General Public License, by doing a favour to the public, by legally re-releasing BlackBerryTools.

Enter this web address into your BlackBerry for wireless over-the-air downloads:
http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/
Or if you prefer to install via BlackBerry Desktop, download any one of the below:

is there a way to download bb weather ota from my 8700?

phillyslickster 01-28-2006 02:29 PM

I have found the ota link and i'll try that. When I've tried using the application downloader, I haven't been able to get the applications to download. I get an error stating that there's no applications in the format to be downloaded. I'm still using the bb desktop that I had installed from my 7100g. I'm going to try installing the CD that came with the 8700c to see if I get any different response.

voiceBerry 01-31-2006 03:41 PM

BBLight

Hi,ALL

THANKS FOR THIS HELPFUL THREAD.

however, I have found that some one said that BBLight has an open source.

Where can I download it? I can only download cod.files.

I need source code.

Thanks ahead of time

shackk 02-02-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspoon
Im sure this has already been covered but seeing that I spent two days trying to figure out how to correct the bbWEATHER, Im going to share anyway. Go to this link
http://www.aspnetresources.com/tools/locid.aspx and put in your location, ie..(boston, ma). Once you have the code, go to you bb today weather section, hit the scroll wheel and select preferences. Delete the Texas ID (USTX1351) and replace it with your city's code that you got from the link above. Dont try doing it through the web. I assure you this will work. Newbie here and loving my BB 7250!!!!

You can also just type in your city name and state, ie: chicago, il (in bb today) and select look up location id. Wait about 10 sec and your id automatically appears. Cut/Paste and saves you a hell of a lot of time without a computer.

Just my .02

mbay2002 02-06-2006 05:57 PM

BBToday DNS error on stock quotes

BBToday is giving me the message "Bad DNS Address" in the stock quotes portion... this just started this afternoon, it's been fine for the last month that I have had BBToday installed, and it was fine this morning.

Anyone else see this? Perhaps it's just temporary. The weather portion is working fine, so perhaps there is a problem with the domain where the quotes are pulled from...

Custos 02-07-2006 12:22 AM

When I tried loading these applications I get the following error message:

"The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid."

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

mjhaberer 02-07-2006 02:27 PM

BBWeather

Does anyone else have this problem? I am able to use BBToday fine on my 7100g, but BBWeather does not work, getting a permission error from my BES server. Why does one work and not the other?

mbay2002 02-09-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbay2002
BBToday is giving me the message "Bad DNS Address" in the stock quotes portion... this just started this afternoon, it's been fine for the last month that I have had BBToday installed, and it was fine this morning.

Anyone else see this? Perhaps it's just temporary. The weather portion is working fine, so perhaps there is a problem with the domain where the quotes are pulled from...

FYI, for future reference, the fix was a reboot after removing the battery. Problem solved. I did a google search on blackberry + "Bad DNS Address" and found the solution - apparently this is an O.S. problem that crops up once in a while...

stevejobs 02-22-2006 12:51 PM

BBToday: Bad DNS Address

First time poster, long time reader...

Just downloaded BBToday - I like it a lot.

However, when it comes to my Weather / Stock fields, I get "Bad DNS Address".

Can anyone help me out? I searched through the threads, but couldnt find an answer.

TIA,

SteveJobs

ps. I have a 7130e :bb: through Bell Mobility (Canada) and am not going through BES.

mezorn26 02-23-2006 05:37 PM

Having a problem with BB weather. Using the 7130e on verizon. I keep getting "could not find a service book entry for ippp"...

Any ideas? When I disable MDS, I get "COULD NOT OPEN TUNNEL"

help..I love BB weather..

mr_vinny 03-07-2006 09:10 AM

Great thread, thanks for the links. New to BB, longtime Palm and PPC user. Was able to figure out how to download over the air and set up BBToday.

Thanks for all the info! Great site, seems to be to Blackberry's what Aximsite is to the Dell Axim!

danp 03-08-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Here's the BlackBerryTools binaries again!

For others interested:
- the story of what happened
- source code information
- substitutes and alternatives to BBTools

Enjoy!

Edit: bbCorrector has now been added. I hereby uphold GNU General Public License, by doing a favour to the public, by legally re-releasing BlackBerryTools.

Enter this web address into your BlackBerry for wireless over-the-air downloads:
http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/
Or if you prefer to install via BlackBerry Desktop, download any one of the below:

I've installed BB Weather, but I keep getting the error code:

"Could not find a service book entry for IPP"

I updated my service book, and there's an entry for my IPP.

what am I doing wrong?

Gadgetgurl 03-10-2006 07:27 PM

After 3 hours of trying to figure out how to get the BBToday to update the weather, it finally worked. Thanks to everyone who has posted on this issue!