BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Themes (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Ideal Theme (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=98764)

Perfect Storm 10-06-2007 09:57 AM

Ideal Theme

I think we had one of these going back in the 4.1.0 heyday, so why not again?

Describe your ideal theme/interface regardless of any of the current layout restrictions presented in themebuilder; obviously considering the trackball/trackwheel interface of current devices. I'm curious to see what people would like if they could have anything they wanted.

So post away!

dooks88 10-06-2007 10:07 AM

the today plus theme. thats all i want.

MJ-bos 10-06-2007 02:03 PM

I'm a GUI snob - I really get finicky about something I interact with and use so much during the day- the color, contrast, type, imagery all have to "work" and be pleasing.

Themes4bb (StevenInSTL) has done a few STAND-OUT themes - I'm currently using SatinSheets and it's damn near perfection...

- Smaller (yet clearer) type - he's using a variation of Calibri and/or Segoe which is one of the easiest to read (and downwardly scaleable) faces. I can see more of the sender's address and subject line now - and it makes message reading (and message-picking) much easier

- Clean icons, excellent colors, great contrast - the whole look and feel is really clean and with my black 8830, looks reallly sharp.

Satin Sheets - Dimension Icon 8800 - Themes4BB.com Forums

morrow95 10-06-2007 02:05 PM

I would like to see some vodaphone type themes come out. I currently use the green as I love the fact my call log, messages, and email are shown on the home screen.

Spencer_CDS 10-06-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morrow95 (Post 695358)
I would like to see some vodaphone type themes come out. I currently use the green as I love the fact my call log, messages, and email are shown on the home screen.

There are a lot themes just like the Vodafone Today themes out there ... in fact, you can create them in the new Plazmic Theme Builder, and you can set whatever you wish to be on the main screen, now.

Perfect Storm 10-08-2007 12:21 AM

I was thinking here more along the lines of radical ideas. Something like the windows mobile interface, or vista complete with the taskbar, or a 3d plane of icons. Something completely outta left field.

Lecter 10-08-2007 04:07 AM

Another vote for the Today Plus theme, could someone build it for the 8310, please!! :)

andrews240 10-08-2007 07:26 PM

I want this theme that I saw in this post. http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...tml#post624619

tempcell 12-12-2007 09:23 AM

some themes here too

here are some themes available, the flow theme i think is great!

heres a screen shot

http://www.freewebs.com/themepacks/b...erry-theme.png

Lex Luthor 12-12-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lecter (Post 696583)
Another vote for the Today Plus theme, could someone build it for the 8310, please!! :)

It's available at BBeXtras - BlackBerry Themes & Wallpapers

Perfect Storm 12-12-2007 01:18 PM

God I love needlessly revived posts...

Pasta 12-12-2007 11:07 PM

Although I don't have it yet, the L Dimension theme is the ultimate for me. I'm not a fan of changing things that aren't made for the phone because it usually doesn't suit it. Yes, I'm pretty simplistic.

10 or so icons on the front + my own background + BB Casual, size 7, bold, smoothing on = clean and perfect! :smile:

snowskier79 12-12-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm (Post 772134)
God I love needlessly revived posts...

That doesn't ever happen at these forums . . . wait . . .

nm1k0 12-13-2007 04:24 PM

i think i would be coool if you could do something kinda like windows mobile where you can select what you want on your today screen such as tasks, calender, call log, messeges, and what not. but still have the aero menu and task bar. that would be my ideal theme. oh and in the aero have the time and signal strength available on all of the other screens

Fireproof 12-13-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ-bos (Post 695357)
I'm a GUI snob - I really get finicky about something I interact with and use so much during the day- the color, contrast, type, imagery all have to "work" and be pleasing.

Themes4bb (StevenInSTL) has done a few STAND-OUT themes - I'm currently using SatinSheets and it's damn near perfection...

- Smaller (yet clearer) type - he's using a variation of Calibri and/or Segoe which is one of the easiest to read (and downwardly scaleable) faces. I can see more of the sender's address and subject line now - and it makes message reading (and message-picking) much easier

- Clean icons, excellent colors, great contrast - the whole look and feel is really clean and with my black 8830, looks reallly sharp.

Satin Sheets - Dimension Icon 8800 - Themes4BB.com Forums

That would be awesome to have in "L Dimension" style. I am loving the L Dimension - the left and bottom rows of icons are just enough to get my most frequently used ones on the home page, but still allow the background picture to show through.

beach13 12-19-2007 08:30 PM

I'd also like to see a theme like windows moblie. I've always liked the look of windows mobile but never liked how it freezed up all the time.

8320 01-08-2008 10:33 PM

i want the deminsion l theme =]