BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TSupport Hold Times ...? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=30386)

jibi 03-29-2006 11:08 PM

TSupport Hold Times ...?

What are your recent hold times? What level TSupport do you have? I'm currently at Tx2. It's 11:05 PM EST and I've now been on hold for 44 minutes. In the past its been 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there, but typically speaking there was less than 1-2 minutes maximum waiting periods. The past three calls (within the last 3 weeks) I've made to TSupport, the wait has been more than 45 minutes (upwards of 48 and 55 minutes on the previous two calls).

Think RIM laid some people off? I can understand long hold times in the event of a system or network outage, but I do not think there is one currently (maybe a slight outage the last time I called, as reported by the TSupport rep). My SRP won't reconnect after upgrading to 4.0.4 and rebooting the server after the HF2 update. This is the second time that this SRP has shown a disconnected state within the last 2 weeks (happened on the 15th). I upgraded another server and its SRP reconnected just fine - no issues.

jibi 03-29-2006 11:09 PM

HAH! "To leave a voice message, please press 1." Jesus Christ!

* Edit: Now up to 58 minutes. There is absolutely NO reason EVER - outage or not - that someone paying thousands of dollars per year should have to wait on hold this long.

* Update: They finally picked up at 11:38 PM EST - 77 mins on hold!

jibi 03-29-2006 11:51 PM

P.S. - These people are worthless. My SRP was disabled due to it attempting to make 5 connections within 5 minutes. Considering I was connected already (connection 1) then upgraded to a service pack and testing the SRP when prompted (connection 2), and then it started services (connection 3), then upgrading to a hotfix, rebooting the machine and testing the SRP when prompted (connection 4), and then starting the services (connection 5), this is utterly freaking ridiculous! I've NEVER had that issue in the past - in 2.5 years of doing this crap, NEVER!

</vent>

Soapm 03-30-2006 12:41 AM

I'd be upset if I were you.

jibi 03-30-2006 11:42 AM

:-)

can't tell?

elgauchogrub 03-30-2006 12:22 PM

Jibi, I feel you're pain, we're paying for tx2 and these wait times are just unacceptable. Without fail every time I've called T-Support during our maintenance window (8PM-1AM PST) I've had to spend up to an hour or more on hold at a minimum, and there's not any clear escalation path if the Tech can't resolve the issue. Not the best way to be providing support for an enterprise solution.

djbeenie 03-30-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi
P.S. - These people are worthless. My SRP was disabled due to it attempting to make 5 connections within 5 minutes. Considering I was connected already (connection 1) then upgraded to a service pack and testing the SRP when prompted (connection 2), and then it started services (connection 3), then upgrading to a hotfix, rebooting the machine and testing the SRP when prompted (connection 4), and then starting the services (connection 5), this is utterly freaking ridiculous! I've NEVER had that issue in the past - in 2.5 years of doing this crap, NEVER!

</vent>

HAHA this happened to us last week. It happened twice in that day. haha No firewall issues or nothing. It was all on their end.

P.S

We do not have TSupport. Since we bought our server from Cingular, we go through them. Cingular transfers us to RIM. Doesn't cost us anything. And we get support in around 10 mins.

jibi 03-30-2006 02:23 PM

Oh yeah, I'm also curious if their 2nd/3rd shift support is outsourced to India or somewhere. No offense to 'Keith' that I spoke to last night, but I couldn't understand a damn thing he said! I deal with persons of Indian-decent every single day, so I've somewhat adapted to the ability of comprehension of thick accents, but good lord...

djbeenie 03-30-2006 02:32 PM

haha no one from India when I have called. haha :) The spoke perfectly good english :)

BB_God 03-30-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbeenie
haha no Indians when I have called. haha :) All american. :)

FYI...RIM Tsupport is in Canada, England or in Singapore.

jibi 03-31-2006 12:38 AM

*mutters*

didn't sound like 'Keith' was from any of those countries... :-)

noname 03-31-2006 08:51 AM

hey jibi, so was 'Keith' technically sound at all? i guess he is neither canadian or english???? Lol!!! ;)

Kablooey 03-31-2006 09:10 AM

It seems like getting someone with a clue is hit or miss up there...I spoke to some guy last week with a heavy, heavy Indian accent and I could not understand a thing he said!

kram 07-13-2006 04:32 AM

TSuppor Tx2 customer... Called RIM at 03:00 CT. It is now 04:29 CT. My outage window was till 04:00 CT. I'm tired, it is way too early in the morning but I'm stuck. I've already updgraded my database to 4.1 from 4.0. I'm in a catch 22 because I don't know if I can cancel out of the install and have the database at 4.1 level with the software at 4.0. I'm starting to panic here... PLEASE RIM PICK UP THE PHONE!

enigmatic 07-13-2006 06:26 AM

I've had similar issues with our 1st level support through Telstra. Hold times to get to a member of staff are far too long and on one occasion of going through all the options, I got dumped to an engaged tone.

Any dealings I've had with RIM have been via a conference call that Telstra have arranged and generally seem to be with staff in Singapore or Canada.

Recent experience this week showed "Christopher" in Singapore to be methodical but not able to resolve the issue. "Tuan" was very good on the other hand.

Debau 07-13-2006 07:38 AM

Try submitting a trouble ticket online!

The answers you get are LAUGHABLE! If they even attempt to answer the issue. Without this site I would be sunk!!

athelu 07-13-2006 08:46 AM

I have called 3 times in the last two weeks with a minimum hold time of 53 Minutes.

I have been lucky enough to talk to decent Tech Reps each time however, but I have been calling between 9-5am EST.

I DO know however that their email support is a friggin joke. I tried that and each reply i received to my case was from a different tech, and each tech apparently did not read the notes on the case because they all asked me to do the same things over and over again.

It was not until my third call that i actually had my issue resolved (everyone blamed SQL but it turned out to be MAPI).

What frustrates me is that as soon as we got the issues resolved, I was still seeing a slow pickup of exchange sending data to the BES. The tech basically said that is an exchange issue - sorry.

cmarquette 07-13-2006 02:29 PM

This really surprises me because I've had very good luck with support. I do experience the long wait times, but I've been able to resolve my problems while on the phone with support. At one point, I called outside my support hours and the tech said he couldn't specifically help me, but he pointed me in a direction that ultimately helped fix my problem. Just my 2 cents.

ashworth 07-13-2006 03:55 PM

I called support the other day, and the rep said that it is just the server team is getting killed since Microsoft has put out the send as fix every other call they are getting is about that issue.

The handheld queue I have not been on hold for a while.

I donxxx8217;t think they have the man power to handle the number of customer they are getting. Every rep I talk to has been able to help me. I will continue to pay for the Support if I have to wait a little. At least it is nothing like the M$ hold times.... :P

mikej5780 07-14-2006 04:42 PM

I think the problems are from thier growth. Last time I was in Waterloo I saw the support center and they had people sitting at folding tables around the outside of the room because they were out of desk space. That's part of the reason they are opening the new support center in Halifax (that plus they have drained the talent pool in Waterloo). I think a lot of the better people have moved to Halifax to get that center off the ground. We pay the extra for Tx4 support and it is lightyears ahead of Tx3 (which we used to have). I am never on hold and calls/emails are always answered by a dedicated DART team which is all experts that moved up from the Tx1-3 ranks. Hopefully once the Halifax center is up and running, Tx1-3 will see improvements.