BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   voicemail speed dial is gone... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=135093)

two13 06-13-2008 09:13 PM

voicemail speed dial is gone...

i upgraded to 4.2.2.194 about a week ago and just today my speed dial button (#1) for my voicemail is now gone. when i push the speed dial button it say invalid number and when i check to see what is assigned to the button it is blank. i do not know my voicemail number by heart, so i have not been able to check my voicemail. can anyone help me out here. i am with att. thanks in advance....

zenartbb 06-13-2008 09:27 PM

typically your voice mail number is your phone number.

you should go into your Phone>Options>Voicemail and make sure your phone number is set up there. It may have been reset when you upgraded your OS for some reason.

John Clark 06-13-2008 09:43 PM

The fix is to go into Phone App (press green phone button) >menu key >View Speed Dial List and delete the entry next to the "W" key. Delete it even if it's empty. Then save the settings and then remove the battery. The speed dial W key will repopulate itself.

two13 06-13-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 970731)
The fix is to go into Phone App (press green phone button) >menu key >View Speed Dial List and delete the entry next to the "W" key. Delete it even if it's empty. Then save the settings and then remove the battery. The speed dial W key will repopulate itself.

thank you!! worked like a charm...

just wondering what would cause this to happen though...was it the upgrading of the OS?

FynxSyndct 08-08-2008 07:39 AM

John Clark, your my Hero!

takeshi 08-08-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenartbb (Post 970716)
typically your voice mail number is your phone number.

With the GSM carrier's I've used the voicemail center number isn't my number.

fonejunkie 08-08-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeshi (Post 1051560)
With the GSM carrier's I've used the voicemail center number isn't my number.

True, your message retrieval number is not the same as your phone number... but if you call your phone number from your phone, you get dumped into your voicemail - prompted for your VM password.

jheiney 08-13-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two13 (Post 970822)
thank you!! worked like a charm...

just wondering what would cause this to happen though...was it the upgrading of the OS?

It worked like a charm for me too by deleting the entry for the "1" key. This is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened to my 8100. Not that big of a deal since you can still hit the green phone button > menu key > Call Voice Mail, but it's an inconvenience not being able to use the speed dial.