BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   BOX file syncing (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=268131)

qnxsignup 07-27-2018 09:10 AM

BOX file syncing

Hello.
When using the preinstalled BOX app on a Z10, how can I select which files will automatically upload?

I started here: (sorry, forum software won't let me post the link),
BlackBerry Forums Support Community BlackBerry Device Specific General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 Go Legacy Functions For Z10 ... Default Re: Legacy Functions For Z10, post number 2 by NJBlackberry

That page links to the blackberry support forums. There it says:
"Files and folders that you add within the Box for BlackBerry 10 app automatically upload to your Box account."
and
"Pinned files and folders sync regularly using the automatic sync feature in the Box for BlackBerry 10 app."

In the BOX app on the z10 it says says you can "Automatically upload your new camera pictures ... etc"

I don't want all pictures or files to go to the BOX account automatically. There work files, would like to upload them as they are created, then there are family & vacation pictures which I would like to just store in the box account. So, can I select which files will automatically upload? I would like to check with the experts before trying it.

Thank you.

knottyrope 07-27-2018 09:19 AM

Re: BOX file syncing

Automatically upload your new camera pictures can be done if you sync the camera folder.

First, go move all your pics into a new folder, then dont sync the new folder
enable camera sync and done

qnxsignup 07-27-2018 09:23 AM

Wow, that was quick. lol. Will try it now. Thanks.

qnxsignup 07-27-2018 09:39 AM

Well, there are several sets of pictures/files:

1. Device/camera
2. Device/Photos
3. Device/misc/android/DICM/camera

Then
4. Media card/photos
5. Media card/camera
6. Media card/documents

Edit: Thanks, knottyrope, will continue later, out of time for now. Will post back how it goes.

aiharkness 07-28-2018 03:22 PM

That DICM/camera folder is simply a reflection.....that's my word.

If you have the Box app on the device set to sync camera photos and/or videos, it will do so for camera folder on device and camera folder on media card (microSD card), if you have one. (Recommend saving photos and videos to media card, not device.)

tsac 07-31-2018 07:05 PM

It also might be good to realize the photos and other files are automatically uploaded to "cloud" storage and depending on what's in your phone it may not be wise to use any auto upload app. It may not be secure or private. Some free apps can claim use of all information in their servers or even sell access to your account.
(Think Facebook and Google and many others.)