BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Help Please! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=262721)

ahrqertw 12-09-2012 05:03 PM

Help Please!

I have a blackberry bold 9650, i accidentally spilled a little bit of water on the keyboard, and now my keys and trackpad dont work. The stick on the back has no red on it though. I never used the desktop manager for my blackberry, but I need some things off of my phone so I downloaded and plugged in my blackberry. It tells me to enter a password and I've gone to 9 attempts and tried several things including the changing the number in my password to the letter I used, because the last character in my password is a number. Nothing works. I've tried smashing on the keys to get it to work, did not work. I don't know what to do, someone please help!

aiharkness 12-09-2012 05:28 PM

Re: Help Please!

I think you are SOL. There is no way around the password.

ahrqertw 12-09-2012 06:03 PM

There has to be a way to type my password into the desktop manager, and there has to be a way for my keyboard to work, I don't want to give up and lose everything

NJBlackBerry 12-09-2012 06:06 PM

You can try and install Desktop Manager and see if it asks for the password.
Just be aware that once it hits ten incorrect passwords it will wipe out all the customer data. Sounds like there was no backup either..

ahrqertw 12-09-2012 06:17 PM

Did you read what I wrote... I did that already, because the way you type your password on the desktop manager and the way you type it on your phone are different, so I'm up to 9/10

aiharkness 12-09-2012 06:17 PM

If the device is password protected, and the device is locked, you not only have to enter the device password in Desktop Manager, but you also have to enter the password on the device and unlock it. If you can't enter the password on the device, either because the keypad isn't working or the keys are entering incorrect keystrokes, then I don't see what you can do. That is why I said you are screwed. At least you very likely are.

You could try drying the device in a bag of rice and get the keypad working well enough, but odds are it is too late now. Also, I don't think replacing the keypad will fix it, but I could be wrong on that.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Dubdub 12-09-2012 08:11 PM

If it is water damage and you did not let it dry properly, i.e. 4 to 5 DAYS in a bag of uncooked rice, then as the others have said you are out of luck.

There is no way around the password protection on a BB. That is the way the device is designed. Without a data backup or use of BB Protect, then your data is all but gone - and will be when you enter the incorrect password for the 10th time.