BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   4.5+ 81xx Pearl Users, give this a run for me.... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=164086)

Magnum 12-08-2008 06:45 PM

4.5+ 81xx Pearl Users, give this a run for me....

Theme name: Scroll Around the Pearl.......
Theme author: Magnum
Theme credits: Magnum, all me!!!! Except the stock icons & wallpaper....
Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 81xx OS 4.5+
Download Link(s): Around the Pearl, stock Scroll........OTA
Theme Cost: DONATION

So 81xx users running 4.5+, please download this and give me your feedback. I have tested it on an old 8100 running 4.5 that I have and all seems to be good on my end. Let me know your experience and I can get to work on a little theme customization.... TIA for your feedback!

I won't call this version BETA because I did physically test this theme on an 8100. Just MAKE SURE you have OS 4.5+ before downloading!

http://www.magnum1.com/BlackBerry/Bl...ock-Scroll.gif

Redflea 12-08-2008 07:07 PM

So first 10 icons on the BB desktop are included in the bottom scroll?

Magnum 12-08-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflea (Post 1201633)
So first 10 icons on the BB desktop are included in the bottom scroll?

Yes and they are totally interchangable by the end user. Meaning, you can put any icon you'd like in the ten spots on the home screen.... Does that make sense...?

blakeatl 12-08-2008 07:40 PM

Good to have the option to switch them around. Nice app.

Magnum 12-08-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakeatl (Post 1201665)
Good to have the option to switch them around. Nice app.

Since I have 2 pearl user in the house, I plan to build out once I know all is good. The pearls I have tested the scroll on worked great, but before I go spending time on "themes" it's nice to get feedback!

Thanks.

Kamau 12-09-2008 04:33 PM

I tried it, and it's pretty nice. Though I hate that hour glass (not you. I just had some bad experiences with it when I first got my Pearl), it's a nice piece of work.
A couple of suggestions. First, you might want to consider placing the app that is chosen in the middle instead of at the far right. Also, how about putting a brighter or more visible highlight around it.
Next, and this might be my cell, but it seems to be a bit sensitive to the pearl.
Otherwise, I like it.

Magnum 12-09-2008 05:01 PM

Kamau,

Yes on the middle, I'm going to be trying to tweak it and get that to happen. This was my first attempt at scrolling the icons for the 81xx, so that's why I ask for feedback and it is nice to get....

As far as the highlighted icons, I did not do anything to the stock icons yet. I basically wanted feedback on the scroll so I can nail that down before I put any time into a theme icons and what-not.......

The 8100 I tested it on wasn't to sensitive, but I have a 2 8110's that once I get a chance to update to 4.5 I will test on these as well.

Was the scroll smooth on your BB?

Thanks!

Kamau 12-09-2008 06:04 PM

Wirelessly posted

Its not too bad. Not exactly smooth, but not choppy either. I had the Floberry once, and its about like that. I really didn't have a problem with it though.
You did a good job on it.

Kamau 12-10-2008 04:35 AM

Wirelessly posted

After using it for the night, a couple more things.
One is, and again this may be my cell, but everytime I exited the icon screen, there would be hourglassing for a couple seconds. Nothing that got to me now, but after a couple weeks, it might start to annoy me.
The next is a lack of a permanent profile icon that is usually present on home screens.
Other than that, this is again a really nice theme you put together.

sam123gil 01-28-2009 11:58 AM

ok so the icons scroll from left to right or right to left along the bottom?

skllndy365 01-28-2009 08:03 PM

Im with the previous post...the icons "run along" the bottom?

BCollins521 01-28-2009 09:04 PM

Yes they scroll across the bottom

skllndy365 01-28-2009 09:09 PM

Whoah...Pretty sweet....i saw a bold theme like this. cept it was along the left side.

how can this be done...is there a setting? i couldn't find anything like that when i made my themes.

BCollins521 01-28-2009 10:06 PM

It's a svg file...created with composer

scottjb 01-29-2009 01:00 PM

Just tried this on my 8130. Made the device lag quite a bit. The scrolling was slow and somewhat choppy. If you don't have an icon with a focus state that's different from the non-focus state, you can't tell what's selected unless you look at the text.
The wrapping made it difficult for me to select the icons near the left or right edges. This was most likely due to the lag. If it were more responsive, I'm sure it would be easier.
Neat idea--hope you can work it out.