BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   quick question (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=258121)

greenghirl 03-01-2012 04:32 AM

quick question

My curve keeps freezing after being used ,i can use use it after rebooting but about after a few minutes after i stop using it freeze's up

is it knackered or can this be fixed, thanks

CoDudette 03-01-2012 05:20 AM

Re: quick question

tried a software update?

Dubdub 03-01-2012 09:56 AM

What was the last thing you did to the device before this began? Did you instal an incompatible app or theme perhaps?

How are you rebooting - using a battery pull?

blackBarrywho 03-02-2012 10:25 AM

hi , My enterprise has upgraded to black berry 5.0.3, and we want to enforce password protection for all black berry users, but we can't convince management though its a audit observation, cause after 10 false attempt data will be wiped out!

Is it possible to get following solution:
1. Black berry will enforce password, but no wipe out option enable.
or
Black berry will enforce password, but false password attempts would be 100.
and idel timeout will be configurable and sould be 15 min or less.

jsconyers 03-02-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackBarrywho (Post 1769908)
hi , My enterprise has upgraded to black berry 5.0.3, and we want to enforce password protection for all black berry users, but we can't convince management though its a audit observation, cause after 10 false attempt data will be wiped out!

Is it possible to get following solution:
1. Black berry will enforce password, but no wipe out option enable.
or
Black berry will enforce password, but false password attempts would be 100.
and idel timeout will be configurable and sould be 15 min or less.

Welcome to the forums.

It is considered rude to hijack someone's thread for your own issue.

To answer your question, no, none of the options are possible. Even without a BES, if a device has a password on it, it will wipe after 10 attempts by default. That cannot be increased.

Maybe try to pitch it to them in a way that if someone loses their device, and someone tries to access it, the company's data will be safe as the device will wipe, thus preventing anyone from accessing the data.

If they're worried, the BES admin can always reset the password for the user if needed.

Could an Admin move this post to its own thread in the BES Admin section?

jsconyers 03-02-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenghirl (Post 1769755)
My curve keeps freezing after being used ,i can use use it after rebooting but about after a few minutes after i stop using it freeze's up

Where is it freezing? Just in a particular application like email, texts, web browsing, etc?

greenghirl 03-02-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1769910)
Where is it freezing? Just in a particular application like email, texts, web browsing, etc?

when using it its fine after a normal reboot until you stop using it ,just really browsing the phone tbh , then it just freezes after the phone has been sitting idle for about a couple of mins

jsconyers 03-02-2012 03:20 PM

Hold Alt+Caps (the aA^ key) and H at the same time.

What is your app version, and what is your file free?

jsconyers 03-02-2012 03:33 PM

Looks like you had an issue with freezing on your 8520 as well. Just less than a month ago. I would imagine there's something you're putting on these devices to cause them to freeze.

snhrph 03-02-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenghirl (Post 1769755)

You may need to wipe your BB and upload the most current OS version.

Make sure you have a recent data back-up before you wipe your phone.