BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Urgent help please (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=257428)

greenghirl 02-02-2012 09:59 AM

Urgent help please

Blackberry is not charging , i have tried different battery and mains charger which is working with the other blackberry which is in the house hold

when blackberry is on it just goes to the the BLACK SCREEN with the clock on it and then freezes

any help would be great , thanks

model is 8520

Dubdub 02-02-2012 10:14 AM

Re: Urgent help please

The most likely problem is a bad battery. Replace it with a new, OEM one, made for your device, not a cheap knock off.

Is the battery inserted properly? Are the contacts clean?

Have you let the battery run down past 20% more than a few times, on a regular basis?

greenghirl 02-02-2012 10:21 AM

battery is brand new so bad battery has been ruled out ,took the battery out again and after the reboot its going to the main screen now , but its still freezing , ruled out battery now as i can see its fully charged so the freezing of the phone is the issue now , same again any help would be great thanks

JSanders 02-02-2012 05:09 PM

The freezing then is likely due to some application you have loaded, or recently loaded.

You can reboot the device in Safe Mode and remove the app or theme.

-- Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
-- When the red LED (Light-Emitting Diode) goes out, press and hold the Escape key until the loading screen appears then release the Escape key.
-- When the Smartphone boots up the Safe Mode disclaimer listed below appears, click OK to dismiss the disclaimer.

KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

greenghirl 02-02-2012 07:00 PM

i have done this and it still freezes, was going to do a factory reset

also the phone works till i stop using the buttons or tracking pad after a reatart

i want to do a wipe held reset

but when i go to options-security options- i then get the following advanced security options
then these
encryption
firewall
information
security wipe

but no general setting

please somebody help me get it back , thanks

greenghirl 02-03-2012 04:40 PM

will start this again

I have the blackberry 8520 and its started to freeze , then work again then freeze then work again , what are the fixes for a problem like this , have took of all apps running in the back ground , have tried safe mode i have tried taking the battery out for 5 mins and also 1 hr , the battery is fine as its been tested in another blackberry , any help would be good as my daughter is climbing up the wall as her blackberry looks knackered

NJBlackBerry 02-03-2012 04:47 PM

Was it dropped or did it get wet or even damp?

greenghirl 02-03-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1766126)
Was it dropped or did it get wet or even damp?

nope , not that i am aware off

NJBlackBerry 02-03-2012 05:22 PM

Wipe out the BB using JL_CMDER

Follow the steps here -> http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html to reinstall the OS.

tsac 02-03-2012 06:10 PM

Check back after you do the wipe etc. let us know how you made out.

greenghirl 02-04-2012 03:23 PM

done it and its still the same , its working then freezing , i think it could be going to the phone grave yard

aiharkness 02-04-2012 03:29 PM

Just to be clear, "done it" means you wiped the device such that you saw the 507 error, and then you loaded the OS?

Did you test with just the stock OS before you restored apps and data?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile