BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Video files no longer play video, sound only! Why? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=213296)

mazine16 12-09-2009 06:14 PM

Video files no longer play video, sound only! Why?

I have a storm 1, runnin 5.0.0.328, and had 6 files that i put on originally that are MP4 files, and they used to work all the time.

As of today, when i play the file, the sound works, but the screen is completely BLACK as if it turned off.

All other video files work. Why is that? is there a fix??

jbairdjr 12-10-2009 06:03 AM

Sounds like it is time for a battery pull.
Had this in the past and the reboot solved it.

aiharkness 12-10-2009 08:06 AM

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I've observed this. In my case with the NPR tiny desk concert podcasts. I found if I use media manager with convert for optimum playback, the video plays correctly. I don't know technically what the problem is. There is no problem with the video when played on the computer. But in my experience this is a possible way to "fix" the video for playing on the blackberry.

mazine16 12-10-2009 08:13 PM

well the thing is, i did like 5 battery pulls and it didn't fix it, and originally i used a video converter for an HD picture on my phone, and the videos did work, but now....they suddenly not anymore....

dynamic121588 12-18-2009 04:13 AM

any fix on this. ive been having the same problem on my BB 8900 videos used to work great but not anymore would like to fix this asap any ideas other then the battery pull ive did that many times

thanks

mazine16 12-23-2009 09:38 PM

bump

moneycash 02-01-2010 07:15 AM

Storm 1 no longer plays video files after OS upgrade to 5.0.0.328

I've tried my service provider o2, and i've tried to contact RIM and am getting no joy. all i wanna do now is downgrade my software to the old 4.7 which was letting me transfer any video onto my device and watch them perfectly. if there is a fix tha let me stay on the 5.0 please let me know, but im tearing my hair out.

If no fix how do i downgrade, plase keep in mind im not a technical guru like some of you, so laymans terms please (and i have tried taking out the battery, full shut down, removin and replacing the vidoes)

HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazine16 (Post 1524303)
I have a storm 1, runnin 5.0.0.328, and had 6 files that i put on originally that are MP4 files, and they used to work all the time.

As of today, when i play the file, the sound works, but the screen is completely BLACK as if it turned off.

All other video files work. Why is that? is there a fix??

mazine16 02-01-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneycash (Post 1557731)
I've tried my service provider o2, and i've tried to contact RIM and am getting no joy. all i wanna do now is downgrade my software to the old 4.7 which was letting me transfer any video onto my device and watch them perfectly. if there is a fix tha let me stay on the 5.0 please let me know, but im tearing my hair out.

If no fix how do i downgrade, plase keep in mind im not a technical guru like some of you, so laymans terms please (and i have tried taking out the battery, full shut down, removin and replacing the vidoes)

HELP

hey moneycash...the problem still exists and I have myself not found a fix for it yet. just hang tight until rim will release and update.

regarding the downgrade, you can find the step by step here on this forum, but here is the simple method. download JM_CMDER and wipe your blackberry clean. BUT before you do it, back EVERYTHING up obviously. once you download the program, connect the phone, and run the software, your screen will show error 504 or something like that, meaning there is no OS (operating software) on your phone. delete any blackberry OS that you have installed on your computer, download the 4.7 version (google for it, very easy to find) but make sure its the one for YOUR specific model. so if you have a 9530, DONT download the 9500 or the 9550. DOWNLOAD the 9530 4.7. OS. delete the vendor file.xml in the installation place. go to c>program files>common files>research in motion>loader> and look for the vendor.xml file (should be on the bottom) delete it, then in that folder, click on APPLOADER, and install the OS. after install, import all your old stuff from the backup file you made before into the 4.7 os.

if you have questions, private message me. but i pretty much explained all of it. good luck