BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   8320+sending/rec images (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266085)

DavidFarm 06-07-2014 04:28 AM

8320+sending/rec images

Hi

Can you help please?

I'm setting up a new (to me) Curve 8320 on Talk Mobile essentials.

It's only used really for emergency calls but's useful for sending the odd photo as well.

This one is not doing that properly......it is not receiving any attachments which is a nuisance.

It just shows a little clock which eventually turns into round symbol and nothing has happened. Otherwise it is texting perfectly and everything else seems to work; camera, it seen a new memory card and saves stuff on to it.

I had an 8320 before which has just gone belly up (the one time I left it in the rain).

This one does not wan to do images.:cry:

It isn't on a data plan (nor was the previous one) just on talk mobile essentials.

Clues any one?

I have down the battery out thing.

TIA

David

edit the photos I tried to send this morning (to me and to another) have now both got red crosses on them. I just deleted them)

to reiterate the last bb I had for a long time did send/rec images. What am I dong wrong now?

DavidFarm 06-07-2014 06:27 AM

Re: 8320+sending/rec images

To add, I have talked to the (very helpful) lady at talk mobile. She told me quite certainly that I won't be able to send images on that phone without a BIS plan.

I know for a certianty I was ending images with the last phone .......but......

tsac 06-08-2014 06:05 PM

Your carrier told you no unless you have a data plan. Your plan seems to be voice and text. Most carriers wont allow email or other data without a full blackberry data plan. If your previous plan or carrier allowed it, it was either a mistake or they offered a plan that included data to a blackberry and no longer do.

DavidFarm 06-09-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1811986)
Your carrier told you no unless you have a data plan. Your plan seems to be voice and text. Most carriers wont allow email or other data without a full blackberry data plan. If your previous plan or carrier allowed it, it was either a mistake or they offered a plan that included data to a blackberry and no longer do.

No, no email.

I just using for emerg phone calls and texting.

As you say, something appears to have changed.

At the moment I'm on Disability Allowance (ESA) so there are no spare pennies for extras.

Thanks for writing.

tsac 06-12-2014 09:45 PM

You can try using a different type phone and maybe the carrier wont block some data.
One that is not a blackberry.