BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Synchronizing issues with Desktop Manager and Outlook 2003 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087)

BlackBury 10-07-2004 03:27 PM

Synchronizing issues with Desktop Manager and Outlook 2003

I was wondering if anyone has come across any issues with Desktop Manager v.3.6.3.11 synchronizing with Outlook 2003? When Desktop Manager tries to connect to the users Outlook profile to sync up the Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. It immediately crashes reporting that syncae_pb.dll was the culprit. I tried creating a new Outlook profile for the user as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the Desktop Manager software and nothing seems to work. The OS is Windows XP w/ SP1a. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

Mark Rejhon 10-07-2004 03:33 PM

This was a problem for some BlackBerry users. Common fixes are:
  • Uninstall and Reinstall BlackBerry Desktop; Use latest version of BlackBerry Desktop
  • The "Delete or rename your vendor.xml file" trick (quit software first though, then delete the vendor.xml file you find in the BlackBerry desktop directory tree)
  • Go to BlackBerry Desktop -> Intellisync -> Configure PIM .... and reconfigure everything in there. (Might need to uninstall first and delete your old configuration)
At least 90% of the time, one of the above, fixes the crash.

BlackBury 10-11-2004 10:23 AM

Mark, Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try and see if it works!

Mark Rejhon 10-12-2004 08:13 PM

Please let me know if any of the above fixes your problems!

rcg 10-12-2004 11:53 PM

Re: Synchronizing issues with Desktop Manager and Outlook 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBury
I was wondering if anyone has come across any issues with Desktop Manager v.3.6.3.11 synchronizing with Outlook 2003? When Desktop Manager tries to connect to the users Outlook profile to sync up the Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. It immediately crashes reporting that syncae_pb.dll was the culprit. I tried creating a new Outlook profile for the user as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the Desktop Manager software and nothing seems to work. The OS is Windows XP w/ SP1a. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

Do you have Microsoft Business Contact Manager Installed with Outlook? If so - no worky.

nleininger 10-13-2004 02:18 PM

Fix

ScanPST.exe or RepairPST.exe

Problem Solved... it's an issue with the PST File being "corrupted" ie: Outlook not keeping it's SH!T together...

anthonymoody 10-13-2004 05:01 PM

My issue required creating a new MAPI profile, which allowed the PIM configuration to work, then switching to the original profile...RIM support had to walk me through it (I out-escalated TMo support...)

TM

mtokarchuk 11-28-2004 01:10 PM

sactoroy 01-11-2005 04:17 PM

Do you have Microsoft Business Contact Manager Installed with Outlook? If so - no worky.[/quote]

How do you uninstall Business Contact Manager?

chicagoscott8 01-11-2005 06:03 PM

Business Contact Manager Uninstall

It uninstalls utilizing the typical Add/Remove from the Control Panel. I had to remove it to sync my BlackBerry with Outlook 2003.

sactoroy 01-11-2005 06:47 PM

Re: Business Contact Manager Uninstall

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagoscott8
It uninstalls utilizing the typical Add/Remove from the Control Panel. I had to remove it to sync my BlackBerry with Outlook 2003.

It doesn't let me uninstall just the business contact manager. Do I have to uninstall outlook 2003 and then reinstall it without the business contact manager option? I'm afraid if I uninstall and reinstall the entire program, I'll lose all my emails, contacts, etc.

sactoroy 01-12-2005 11:20 AM

Re: Business Contact Manager Uninstall

Quote:

Originally Posted by sactoroy
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagoscott8

It doesn't let me uninstall just the business contact manager. Do I have to uninstall outlook 2003 and then reinstall it without the business contact manager option? I'm afraid if I uninstall and reinstall the entire program, I'll lose all my emails, contacts, etc.

Found it listed as a separate program under Add/Remove rather than in Office Professional 2003. Freedom! (y)

Vycor 01-14-2005 08:59 AM

I also had the same problem. Redirector would crash. I closed outlook and ran the ScanPST program, and it fixed up my PST file. I used to run this back in the day on outlook files at the office before we switched to exchange.

I have Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 also. So yeah just run ScanPST and that'll fix it right up.

7290_user 01-14-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcg

Do you have Microsoft Business Contact Manager Installed with Outlook? If so - no worky.

Interesting anomaly...I bought a 7290 recently, and set up outlook and the BB to play nicely together...with Biz Contact manager installed...

Less than two weeks later, I couldn't get it to sync, and the Desktop manager was crashing...I repaired the PST files and it still no worky...

I removed Biz Contact manager and it works now...Go figure...

uzurper 01-17-2005 06:44 PM

Biz Contact Manager reconfigures the MAPI profile that Intellisync uses - that's what causes the crash. You can actually have Biz. Contact Manager installed - just that the MAPI has to be correctly configured so that the "Biz. Contact" folders are removed entirely from the profile.. at least, that's what I heard. Beware the MS Biz. Contact Manager!

Tim 02-08-2005 08:48 AM

spotty sync with Outlook 03

Searched around but no answers yet...

BB 4.0/ DM 4.0/ No enterprise

I want to share cal, tasks and contacts with OL'03, but sync is hinky. Biggest problem is no task sync ever. Calendar and contacts only sometimes. Any ideas? Thanks.