BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Live messenger not working (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=160679)

dkdk11 11-21-2008 10:26 AM

Live messenger not working

Hi.

I have 8320 on T-mo (US) and cannot log on to Windows Live Messenger server. I downloaded the messenger from www .blackberry.com/livemessenger, and I am on BIS.

The error message that I got is:

Connection error (65):
Problem receiving data from the server.

I have talked to the CS this morning; she did quite a few things including resending the service book and resetting data service, etc. Finally, she suggested the master reset - wipe my berry compeletely and reinstall application. I said "no"; too much hassle IMO.

Is there anyone who uses WLM on T-mo (US) network? FYI, Google talk is working fine for me.

Thanks,
DK

evilcaptain 11-21-2008 01:10 PM

I am able to login to Windows live on a 8310 on TMO network. It is very slow. Took about 2 minutes.

dkdk11 11-21-2008 02:51 PM

Wirelessly posted

Thanks. So maybe my problem is limited to my handset. Anyone else?

pnoywithbb 11-23-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkdk11 (Post 1177156)
Hi.

I have 8320 on T-mo (US) and cannot log on to Windows Live Messenger server. I downloaded the messenger from www .blackberry.com/livemessenger, and I am on BIS.

The error message that I got is:

Connection error (65):
Problem receiving data from the server.

I have talked to the CS this morning; she did quite a few things including resending the service book and resetting data service, etc. Finally, she suggested the master reset - wipe my berry compeletely and reinstall application. I said "no"; too much hassle IMO.

Is there anyone who uses WLM on T-mo (US) network? FYI, Google talk is working fine for me.

Thanks,
DK

same experience mine YM is the one working.

dkdk11 11-23-2008 01:02 AM

I had it working today, but now right now (midnight). But it seems the messenger server is the problem, I guess.

maliks 11-24-2008 03:23 PM

i am also with T-Mobile ( US ) 8320 got same issue with Live Messenger some time its works and mostly not working gettin same Error which you got

vochoa 11-25-2008 02:51 PM

Does anyone know how to solve the problem??
it has been happening to me the past couple of days, sometimes it takes about 5 min signing in and its saying connected, other times once it is connected ill close out of the messenger when i go back the messenger signed out on its own.
i have called tmo they pretty much told me they didnt know what the problem was.
has anyone recieved information on how to fix the issue?

dkdk11 11-25-2008 06:06 PM

I don't think there is any solution (correct me I'm wrong; I want to be wrong). It seems to be a MSN server issue. These days, I just keep trying to log in until I can eventually log in. I guess, maybe, too many people are logged on the server; more than the server can handle.

DK

ravenjc 12-04-2008 02:22 PM

Im having the same problem with WLM and AIM, no issues with YM. I've been all day with T-mobile & the Blackberry customer service.

A person on the blackberry department told me that, is Tmobile that should "unblock" the service permission for the instant messenger and everything else looks fine for the data service. Then he recomended me that I should downgrade my software to their 3 year old tmobile crap (n) Like if that is going to resolve the issue :?

mekel 12-25-2008 04:36 AM

8320 Live Messenger Error 65 !!!!

This Is Ridiculous... How Can This Be Happening... I Wish I Read This Forum Before I Went For This Phone! Any New Nurds Out There? Correct This Error Pliz, Its Irritating Me...

sjk1431 01-19-2009 01:05 PM

I get the same error. I have deleted and reinstalled more than once. It usually lets me log on in the morning and I get the error in the afternoon. I usually just keep trying and it works eventually.

idenjunky 02-24-2009 06:17 PM

windows live

still no fix anyone? i am having the same issue on a brand new 8120 tmobile