BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   CDO errors with a single user after using IEMSTest.exe while other users are fine. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252793)

Sam99 08-27-2011 08:43 AM

CDO errors with a single user after using IEMSTest.exe while other users are fine.

xxx65279;A user is unable to synchronize his blackberry mobile with his Outlook Calendar, while other users can. I used the IEMSTest and found out the following CDO errors from his mailbox:

User B: Opening message store using
/o=xxx/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=User B
/o=xxx/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=MailServer.example/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
User B: Mailbox opened successfully
User B: Root Folder opened successfully
User B: Folder created successfully
User B: Test folder deleted successfully
User B: MAPI test completed successfully
User B: CDO Server Name: MailServer.example
User B: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=xxx/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=User B
User B: CDO logon successful
User B: CDO COM exception: Code = 80040705, WCode = 0505, Code meaning = IDispatch error #1285
Description = You do not have permission to log on. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]].
User B: CDO test failedxxx65279;

-----

While other users mailbox are getting the following:

User A: Opening message store using
/o=xxx/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=User A
/o=xxx/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=MailServer.example/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
User A: Mailbox opened successfully
User A: Root Folder opened successfully
User A: Folder created successfully
User A: Test folder deleted successfully
User A: MAPI test completed successfully
User A: CDO Server Name: MailServer.example
User A: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=xxx/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=User A
User A: CDO logon successful
User A: Get default calendar folder successful
User A: Get calendar folder name successful: 'Calendar'
User A: CDO test completed successfullyxxx65279;

---------------

And its been driving me crazy. Both users mailbox are on the same Exchange Server 2010, and User A can synchronize his Blackberry device with his Calendar while User B can not.

It might be something to do with the domain group security because user A is in a separate organization unite in Active directory, but I am not sure.

Can someone please help?

Thank you,

Using BES 5.0.3 MR4 on Windows 2003 using Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1, for Exchange 2010 SP1 environment on Windows 2008

MasterofKarate 08-30-2011 09:18 AM

Re: CDO errors with a single user after using IEMSTest.exe while other users are fine

You may want to try moving the user's mailbox to a new Information Store. It may simply be that there is some sort of corruption in the mailbox that is causing the CDO logon failures. I have come across this in cases where a single user is affected, the proper permissions are in place, and nothing major had changed for the user. When moving the mailbox corrected it I chalked it up to a fluke.