BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Default Browser vs. Bolt Browser (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242538)

Harrison Leggio 12-30-2010 10:11 PM

Default Browser vs. Bolt Browser

I was browsing around on google earlier today, and came across a list of alternate web broswers on a blackberry. I kept seeing a specific one on many different websites, so I decided to take a closer look at it.

Its called bolt, and I'm sure many of you have heard of it before. It can be used in place of your current browser, and can be made youe default, meaning all web pages open up in bolt.

After downloading it, I realized that it wasn't for me.

Pros:
- smaller top bar, meaning a bigger browser page, but only by a small amount.
- doesn't always show up as your browsing via a mobile device, but that can also be a con, which ill explain later

Cons:
-the startup. When you first click the bolt icon, it takes about 15 seconds to full open up, which is much longer than the 1-2 second load up on the default bb browser.
-loading time. It feels as if each web page takes 10 second to load, even simple pages such as google and youtube.
-doesnt show up as a mobile device when browsing. Earlier I stated this can be good, but I've realized that this can als be bad. When I tried to visit the blackberry forums using bolt, it came up as the non mobile page, which sort of lagged up the browser severely, because non mobile pages doint exactly load very quickly on a mobile phone.

Well, those are my thoughts on bolt.

All in all, I'm stickling with the default browser.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

AlanJolin 12-31-2010 02:37 PM

I tried Bolt but it didn't suit me either, I think the Default one is ok
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison Leggio (Post 1689568)
I was browsing around on google earlier today, and came across a list of alternate web broswers on a blackberry. I kept seeing a specific one on many different websites, so I decided to take a closer look at it.

Its called bolt, and I'm sure many of you have heard of it before. It can be used in place of your current browser, and can be made youe default, meaning all web pages open up in bolt.

After downloading it, I realized that it wasn't for me.

Pros:
- smaller top bar, meaning a bigger browser page, but only by a small amount.
- doesn't always show up as your browsing via a mobile device, but that can also be a con, which ill explain later

Cons:
-the startup. When you first click the bolt icon, it takes about 15 seconds to full open up, which is much longer than the 1-2 second load up on the default bb browser.
-loading time. It feels as if each web page takes 10 second to load, even simple pages such as google and youtube.
-doesnt show up as a mobile device when browsing. Earlier I stated this can be good, but I've realized that this can als be bad. When I tried to visit the blackberry forums using bolt, it came up as the non mobile page, which sort of lagged up the browser severely, because non mobile pages doint exactly load very quickly on a mobile phone.

Well, those are my thoughts on bolt.

All in all, I'm stickling with the default browser.

Harrison Leggio 12-31-2010 03:15 PM

Re: Default Browser vs. Bolt Browser

Yeah. The os6 browser is quite good.

gambit007 01-01-2011 05:27 PM

I prefer the default bb browser for one reason and that is, ota downloads. Bolt cannot install after download.

vliou 01-02-2011 06:46 PM

I honestly prefer Opera's BB browser - it loads faster and pages don't get distorted as often. Opera used to be fantastic for the old trackwheels as well, although the diff. between 3rd party browsers and the OEM one isn't that big these days. To each their own