BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Wallpapers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Help with changing wallpaper - File System Error (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=193081)

rwantland 06-09-2009 02:21 PM

Help with changing wallpaper - File System Error

OK, I tried to transfer jpg to device via email attachment, and file not recognized. Tried to transfer via usb to pictures folder and media app doesn't see it. Tried to upload jpg to flickr and pulled up on device browser, clicked on menu and no option to set as home screen image. There is an option on the menu to Save Image, so I clicked on that, and a checkbox for set as home screen image appeared. I checked the box and clicked save and then I get a File System Error message.

How can this be so hard. I just want a new picture on the background...
Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

kirrinjones 06-09-2009 02:25 PM

Wirelessly posted

Maybe the issue is with the file. I would recommend

1. Reducing the size of the image.
2. Saving the file to another name (maybe shorter)
3. Try another file.

rwantland 06-09-2009 02:27 PM

tried one word file name, file is only 29.6K and I downloaded it as a pre-made wallpaper image. Still no luck.

kirrinjones 06-09-2009 02:30 PM

Wirelessly posted

Hmmmm. Now I'm intrigued. Where is the file that you want to use located on the device? System memory or SD card?

rwantland 06-09-2009 02:37 PM

Got it! I had the device still plugged into usb when I tried to download from Flickr. When I unplugged, it let me save the image.

rwantland 06-09-2009 02:40 PM

Just realized that after unplugging I can also see jpg that I transferred via usb. When the device is plugged in via usb, you cannot see any images except the sample pictures.

kirrinjones 06-09-2009 02:42 PM

Wirelessly posted

Sweet, I figured it was on the SD that was causing the issue somehow. When its connected the device does not have access to the SD card if you have mass storage turned on.

Glad you're good now.

rwantland 06-10-2009 05:01 PM

But I am saving the image on the blackberry not on the SD card, so why is that happening? Also, now when I plug the device in the wallpaper gets removed and reverts back to the default theme wallpaper every time. Any ideas?

daphne 06-10-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwantland (Post 1402545)
Just realized that after unplugging I can also see jpg that I transferred via usb. When the device is plugged in via usb, you cannot see any images except the sample pictures.

If Mass Storage mode is enabled when connected with USB, you can't see them, or play music on the memory card, but if you don't have Mass Storage mode enabled, you can still access the files.

Options > Media Card > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected -- I have mine set to prompt.

rwantland 06-10-2009 10:01 PM

Got it. But that doesnt explain the fact that I am pretty sure I am dragging the files into the device, which shows up as blackberry drive e: not drive f: which is the SD card. How do you set the location where the media app is looking for files, to make sure?

daphne 06-10-2009 10:14 PM

Are you using Media Manager or Windows Explorer?

In Windows Explorer, you can't see the device memory, only the card.

Try opening Media, menu key > Explore (when not connected to PC). There you can browse the contents of the media card and device memory.

daphne 06-10-2009 10:19 PM

You should drag pictures, music, ringtones to the media card, not device memory. Otherwise your device memory will get too full and you could start losing sms messages, emails, etc.