BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9670 Series Discussion - Style (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Input System Error? With Latest OS. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242275)

triplecore 12-25-2010 09:54 AM

Input System Error? With Latest OS.

Has anyone noticed that after updating there 9670 to the latest OS release when Blackberry comes across a word that I can't spell correct they now get an error saying "Input System Error. The system is being restarted."

I am sure I has to do with the new OS 6.0 v1609 because when I downgraded to the Stock version accidentally I would get "empty" when it couldn't spell check a word.

tsac 12-25-2010 12:10 PM

Re: Input System Error? With Latest OS.

Welcome to the Forums.

INFO on the RIM site
Input system error. System is being restarted.
Environment
• BlackBerry® 9000 series smartphone
• BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6.0.167
• SDR304425
Cause
This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Resolution
1. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software. For instructions, see KB12487.
2. Perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software. For instructions, see KB11320.
3. Restore the backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339.
Additional Information
Performing a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software causes all third-party applications to be removed from the BlackBerry smartphone. You must manually reinstall all third-party applications.

The link to RIM info on the subject

KB18383-Unable to use the spelling checker on the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone

triplecore 12-25-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1687913)
Welcome to the Forums.

INFO on the RIM site
Input system error. System is being restarted.
Environment
• BlackBerry® 9000 series smartphone
• BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6.0.167
• SDR304425
Cause
This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Resolution
1. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software. For instructions, see KB12487.
2. Perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software. For instructions, see KB11320.
3. Restore the backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339.
Additional Information
Performing a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software causes all third-party applications to be removed from the BlackBerry smartphone. You must manually reinstall all third-party applications.

The link to RIM info on the subject

KB18383-Unable to use the spelling checker on the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone

hmm weird i tried that, but the problem still exists even after the clean install and the wipe with bbask.

thanks though

mccraney4 12-26-2010 03:41 AM

I updated mine and have had no problems

Sytner 12-26-2010 09:14 AM

I have encountered this several times, although in my experience you can still use the phone fine, and you can recover the predictive function with a battery pull.

djdonnyk 12-26-2010 06:33 PM

I haven't seen this error before on the new OS, I have been running the updated OS since it was released.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

triplecore 12-27-2010 08:29 PM

Interesting how some people have this problem and others don't. The only time I have problem is with words not in the dictionary, but Ie "ererwrew," but if I type in "fr" I won't get an error and would be advised to type "for." I don't need to do a battery pull either. Maybe I should download the software from Sprint and not Blackberry Downloads.

AACHU 03-05-2011 01:46 AM

I have tried with 9780. Options - typing and input -typing -style to be PREDICTIVE instead of MULTITAP. this resolves issues for Arabic typing errors