BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   PB Mail-Client: Folder Administration (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265794)

gueni 02-01-2014 01:07 PM

PB Mail-Client: Folder Administration

Hello,

I have a question that concerns the folder administration in the native PB (no tbridge) e-mail-client. Here are the settings:

- connected and using a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account
- everything works fine, sync is good and folders (with sub-folders) of my account are displayed, emails can be transferred between them

The question is: Can I create and/or delete folders on my PB? That would be very useful for me... Especially since I want to set up and additional POP3-account, means due to the lack of actual sync I would have to create the folder structure there on my PB again.

Help is very much appreciated! Thanks a lot :)

Best
Gueni

knottyrope 02-04-2014 10:04 AM

Re: PB Mail-Client: Folder Administration

POP does not support subfolder sync but IMAP or Active Sync does

gueni 02-05-2014 04:45 AM

Thanks for the reply, but to be perfectly honest: It's not answering my question...

I know that the sync is not working with POP subfolders. I can create local subfolders with mail-clients like Outlook or Thunderbird though and move my mails into them manually. Is that possible in the mail-client on the Playbook? If not (what I start to believe is the case), can you recommend a mail-client for the Playbook that will serve this purpose? Thx again!

dc/dc 02-05-2014 07:10 AM

There aren't any alternative mail clients for PB to speak of. It's a dead OS.

ZombieBerry 02-05-2014 09:34 AM

You can try one of the Android ports I spose.

gueni 02-07-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1810868)
There aren't any alternative mail clients for PB to speak of. It's a dead OS.

Thanks for the info, now I know for sure and can move on! 8-)

For me it's not a dead OS though... Well, even though I'm totally off-topic now I think it's still a pretty nice tool in combination with a Blackberry-Smartphone (Bridge) and an all-purpose Windows-laptop (e.g. shared network space), a nice collection of (partly of course ported) productive apps and it's still a pretty decent hardware (even still the best looking and feeling one out there). The very only thing is the total lack of some decent video-chat software (don't tell me about reelportal, it might be nice but totally useless as long as I'm the only one of my colleagues and friends using it, then I can also stay with native Video-Chat :oops: ) ;) Anyway, it's off-topic as I said and I'm still gonna give it tons of hours of use in my environment.

NJBlackBerry 02-07-2014 07:54 AM

It's dead Jim..

knottyrope 02-07-2014 01:33 PM

there is A mail you can side load on it

I just moved to Outlook.com so I can use Active Sync which allows my subfolders to sync