BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Blackberry Messenger HELP! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=243717)

FossilFusion 01-19-2011 03:07 PM

Blackberry Messenger HELP!

Hello there.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8900 with Blackberry Messenger. However, I cannot add or recieve notifications off of other pin codes. Me and my friend have tried to do this with BlackBerry to BlackBerry. I know I need a Data Plan. I called my Sim provide Tesco Mobile and they put me on a BlackBerry Bundle scheme, which cost me £5. I got a message from Tesco saying: (Tesco Mobile: We've taken the first £5/mth charge for your blackberry service bundle & its now ready to use) But I still do not have Blackberry Messenger working?! I also rang them up and they said my sim should be fine and that it is the phone. In the top right corner of my phone is say GSM. Anyways to fix my blackberry messenger?

Thanks in advance

Dubdub 01-19-2011 03:11 PM

Re: Blackberry Messenger HELP!

Have you tried a battery pull? From our FAQ:

The 1st Step is to pull the battery out of the device and leave it out for about 30 seconds. This will clear the internal memory and will solve many, many issues.

1. Leave the BB powered ON.

2. Pull the battery

3. Leave it out for 30 seconds

4. Replace battery and let device boot

5. See if the problem has been resolved, if it has not, then investigate the FAQ further

FossilFusion 01-19-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1695373)

The 1st Step is to pull the battery out of the device and leave it out for about 30 seconds. This will clear the internal memory and will solve many, many issues.

2. Pull the battery

5. See if the problem has been resolved, if it has not, then investigate the FAQ further

Thanks so much for this! You are now my God and Idol!

Teo1987 01-21-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1695373)

2. Pull the battery

Plese sir do u have any idea about my problem?? I reinstalled bbm and still goes with the same problem : I add my friends, they also add me but it in bb messenger says pending(waiting for authorization).. do u have any idea for this ?
Thank you!

Motorcycle Mama 01-21-2011 05:45 PM

You shouldn't hijack someone's thread. Poor forum etiquette.

Do you have an active BLACKBERRY Internet Service Data Plan with your phone service carrier/provider?

Teo1987 01-22-2011 11:09 AM

No sir I dont have that with my phone service provider...

NJBlackBerry 01-22-2011 11:12 AM

That explains why BBM isn't working. You must have a BlackBerry Data Plan to use BlackBerry Messenger.

Teo1987 01-22-2011 11:52 AM

hmm can you explain me better what does it mean and what should I do pls

Teo1987 01-22-2011 11:53 AM

hmm can you explain me better what does it mean pls

thedruish 01-22-2011 11:57 AM

In order for you to use the BBM feature the device requires an active data connection, either wifi or carrier internet.

If you contact your carrier and add a supported blackberry data package, your BBM will begin to function correctly.

Teo1987 01-22-2011 12:04 PM

well I use wifi connection, interent works perfectly, only BBM isn't working ..

NJBlackBerry 01-22-2011 12:09 PM

Yes. That is right. If you want BBM to work you MUST HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN.

Teo1987 01-22-2011 12:16 PM

So how can I get a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN :)? im using for the first time blackberry and I dont know this things thats why Im looking for help, and thank you by the way!

Motorcycle Mama 01-22-2011 12:16 PM

What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ

You need to call your phone service carrier and ask them about adding it to your account.

Teo1987 01-22-2011 12:32 PM

Well according to this I'm supposed to use DATA PLAN becouse I can use facebook chat, ping chat and others simmilar with BBM

NJBlackBerry 01-22-2011 12:33 PM

Call your carrier.
Tell them you have a BlackBerry and require a BlackBerry Data Plan.

It's a special data plan that the carrier can provision for your account that will allow you to properly use your BlackBerry.

So you MUST call your carrier.

tsac 01-22-2011 01:50 PM

Wow
İNJBlackBerry