BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=249631)

mlong219 06-02-2011 07:34 AM

Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

Hi All,

I just upgraded from platform 4.6 to 5.0. I performed a complete backup before I did the upgrade, and the upgrade process also backed up my data as well. Once the upgrade was complete, I noticed my contacts were in the list. Later I noticed that I couldn't get any emails from our BB Enterprise server. I was told I had to re-activate my email, which my BB Admin did, and now my email works, but now all of my contacts are gone!

When I tried to do a restore, it doesn't restore my contacts. How can I restore my contacts from my backup file(s)?

I even added a new contact, backuped up my data, then deleted the contact, then did a restore, and my contact list was empty. The restore didn't work.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Wolf_Dreams 06-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlong219 (Post 1724971)
Hi All,

I just upgraded from platform 4.6 to 5.0. I performed a complete backup before I did the upgrade, and the upgrade process also backed up my data as well. Once the upgrade was complete, I noticed my contacts were in the list. Later I noticed that I couldn't get any emails from our BB Enterprise server. I was told I had to re-activate my email, which my BB Admin did, and now my email works, but now all of my contacts are gone!

When I tried to do a restore, it doesn't restore my contacts. How can I restore my contacts from my backup file(s)?

I even added a new contact, backuped up my data, then deleted the contact, then did a restore, and my contact list was empty. The restore didn't work.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Do a selective restore from your pre-upgrade backup file. Its an option in either Desktop Manager or Loader.exe (found in C, program files, common files, research in motion, 'apploader' folder)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

mlong219 06-02-2011 02:39 PM

Re: Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf_Dreams (Post 1725031)
Do a selective restore from your pre-upgrade backup file. Its an option in either Desktop Manager or Loader.exe (found in C, program files, common files, research in motion, 'apploader' folder)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Which Data Type do I select? The following is the only ones that are enabled for me to select in the restore process?

WAP Push Messages
Visual Voice Mail Options
Trusted Key Store
SMS Messages
RMS Databases
Random Pool
Purged Messages
Policy
PIN Messages
PGP Key Store
MMS Messages
Map Locations