BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   White screen BB 9700 (Please please help) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251605)

warrenbuffet 07-25-2011 02:44 PM

White screen BB 9700 (Please please help)

My battery died on me yesterday, I got home about 4 hours later and charged the phone on my computer. After about an hour I went to turn the phone on and I got a blank white screen.

First I took the battery out and that didnt work.

Next I tried using the application loader to update the latest BB software and that didnt work.

I downloaded BBSAK to wipe my phone and then tried the application loader again and it didnt work.

I downloaded an older version of BB desktop manager (4.5) and OS 5.0 and once again after installing the software on to the phone I still got the white screen.

I have been able to wipe the phone, my computer recognizes the phone, when I use the apploader I get the "PIN: UNKNOWN" display and after I proceed the next page I put the battery back in and the OS is installed successfully every time...however when the device reboots the screen turns up white. I've also deleted the vendor.xml file every time I've installed software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I've spent well over 10 hours in the last 2 days trying to get my phone back up and running but to no avail.

warrenbuffet 07-25-2011 03:03 PM

Re: White screen BB 9700 (Please please help)

Another thing...when the OS is being uploaded through the apploader I here a "click" in the back of the phone for just a brief moment. Maybe this bit of info could help with troubleshooting?

TheDailyBerry 07-25-2011 06:52 PM

This happened to my friend but a battery pull and an update did the trick, if you continue to have no luck I would suggest calling customer support.

Dubdub 07-25-2011 07:00 PM

Did you drop it or get it wet?

What was the last thing you did before it died?

warrenbuffet 07-26-2011 12:14 AM

I put it in my laptop bag after it died and it was raining outside but the phone did not get wet. I had an ipod and a camera in the same pocket of the bag and neither got wet.

Can anyone give me some suggestions assuming:
a) the phone did not get wet but it wont turn on even after trying various OSs?
b) or, assuming the phone did get wet, what are possible solutions?

Warranty is done and I am out of the country so any help would be greatly appreciated.

warrenbuffet 07-26-2011 02:59 PM

Help please

devnull 07-26-2011 03:59 PM

My suggestion is to do a search for "white screen". It has been posted a lot and I'm not certain there is a software fix. Most of the time it seems to be a hardware issue.

If the device did get wet it's most likely toast by now.

tsac 07-27-2011 07:03 PM

Some of your information does not add up. You state you put in the battery AFTER loading the OS and then it starts successful. Your are seeing a display on the BB so it should be ok unless your not seeing anything. You seem to be rushing thru everything. Slow down and load the OS from the PC after a wipe. If the BB wipes it should start ok but just not have your info. Also BBSAK should work. Don't try to load any optional Apps.

And I agree with the others, if it got wet it's toast by now.

warrenbuffet 07-28-2011 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1734915)
Some of your information does not add up. You state you put in the battery AFTER loading the OS and then it starts successful. Your are seeing a display on the BB so it should be ok unless your not seeing anything. You seem to be rushing thru everything. Slow down and load the OS from the PC after a wipe. If the BB wipes it should start ok but just not have your info. Also BBSAK should work. Don't try to load any optional Apps.

And I agree with the others, if it got wet it's toast by now.

My info is adding up but maybe it's not clear.

When loading the OS I hooked up my BB to my computer without the battery. After a certain point in the loading process you MUST re-enter the battery in order for the load to complete. That is what I meant to say.

I am not getting anything on the display, just a blank white screen.

I have tried BBSAK as well but I still get the white screen.

I tried using a friend's battery and that did not change anything either.