BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Unable to download App World (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=195885)

ondi 07-04-2009 07:09 AM

Unable to download App World

I'm unable to download App world on my computer as i get the error:

'This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that BlackBerry App World is correctly downloaded to your BlackBerry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, you may be able to download the software directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.'

This is despite using Internet Explorer.

When i try and download it on my Blackberry i get this error:

'Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World'

I have a brand new Curve 8900 on Vodafone.

How can I get the App Store, or could someone post me an alternative link please?

Thanks

JSanders 07-04-2009 07:33 AM

Wirelessly posted (9530; (I'm mobile) MF231; 35h)

AppWorld is available currently only in the US, Canada and the UK and requires that you have the BlackBerry Data Plan.
Where are you?

ondi 07-04-2009 07:38 AM

I'm in the UK, I'm pretty sure i have the Data Plan too.

MidnightDraven 07-04-2009 07:46 AM

was it IE8?
you may need to run in in compatibilty view settings.

ondi 07-04-2009 07:49 AM

I've tried using another computer and was able to download, but now i get the problem:

'Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World'

I've posted on the Vodafone forum too, so we'll see what they say...

JSanders 07-04-2009 09:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (9530; (I'm mobile) MF231; 35h)

You can't download AppWorld to a PC.
BlackBerry device only.

coolgirl101 12-28-2009 03:13 PM

can i ask wot a data plan is?

MidnightDraven 12-28-2009 04:23 PM

you can ask but you won't necessairly get a nice answer.

lol

Its a plan so you can use data. data is used when browsing, using apps that connect to the internet, etc.

treblid 06-18-2010 04:29 AM

App world country availability info

Hi All,

I'm also getting the "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World" message on my 9700 Bold.

I guess my device is OK and I have a data plan.

My country is Hungary and it's not on the country availability list. Could this be the problem (in this case the error message is misleading)?

If this is really the problem, is there any chance to find out somewhere when BlackBerry App World is expected to be available in my country?

Best regards,
treblid

Motorcycle Mama 06-18-2010 05:53 AM

It seems that App World is not currently supported in your country.

matthewjankes 06-23-2010 02:14 PM

App World Suddenly Wont Work

Hi, I've had my 9700 bold for a few weeks now. App world was working absolutely fine. One day it just stopped. I deleted it and then went to re-download it only to get this message: This device is not supported...

I'm in South Africa, App world is supported here because I had it and all my friends have it...what is going on?

nikamw 08-23-2010 03:57 PM

what is the difference between Internet Browser and Hotspot Browser?

I have internet explorer on my phone. Under Browser configurations, my phone is set to IE. I live in US and have data plan and get same error of "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World"

I have a i8350, this is my second. my first i8350 had BB App world.

MidnightDraven 08-23-2010 03:59 PM

Internet Browser = uses carrier network and wi-fi when available.
Hotspot browser = only uses wi-fi, will refuse to work if wi-fi is not activated.

Motorcycle Mama 08-23-2010 04:54 PM

You should set your Browser Identification to BlackBerry.