BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Help! My Curve 3G is fooked! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242591)

jpd1977uk 01-01-2011 03:40 AM

Help! My Curve 3G is fooked!

I went to put another SIM card in my Curve 3G 9300 and ever since then it wont get past the Blackberry logo (white screen)!

I've taken out the SIM and memory card and still the same thing...

Is there anything I can do other then taking it back to the shop to be fixed?

aiharkness 01-01-2011 04:49 AM

Re: Help! My Curve 3G is fooked!

It's not a solid white screen with no text or images or anything? If not, then good.

With the power on, remove the battery, and wait a good minute. Put the battery back in and give it 20 or 30 minutes to find out for certain whether it is going to finish booting. Watch it to make sure it isn't in a re-booting loop.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

jpd1977uk 01-01-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1689982)
It's not a solid white screen with no text or images or anything? If not, then good.

With the power on, remove the battery, and wait a good minute. Put the battery back in and give it 20 or 30 minutes to find out for certain whether it is going to finish booting. Watch it to make sure it isn't in a re-booting loop.

I've done that, but still nothing :( It's and got the Blue blackberry logo and the blackberry name on the screen.

I can't tell if it's a re-booting loop :/

jpd1977uk 01-01-2011 05:42 AM

I've managed to sort it out, I used Jl_Cmder to do a factory restore... I'd like to know what went wrong in the first place!

aiharkness 01-01-2011 08:28 AM

JL_CMDER was going to be my next suggestion,

As far as what went wrong...What did you do prior to the problem? Third-party apps? Third-party themes?

The memory card would have been something to check, and you did, and turns out that wasn't it.

If you have not restored all your apps yet, I would only reinstall what you absolutely need right now. Wait 24 hours and test. Then add the others one by one, and test 24-48hours in between.

jpd1977uk 01-01-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1689999)
JL_CMDER was going to be my next suggestion,

As far as what went wrong...What did you do prior to the problem? Third-party apps? Third-party themes?

The memory card would have been something to check, and you did, and turns out that wasn't it.

If you have not restored all your apps yet, I would only reinstall what you absolutely need right now. Wait 24 hours and test. Then add the others one by one, and test 24-48hours in between.

Nothing tbh, all I did was put another SIM in it like I have done a few times before...

aiharkness 01-01-2011 10:08 AM

Beats the heck out of me. Is it repeatable?...If you do it again with the other SIM, does it happen again? If not, I'd chock it up to one of those freaky things that happens and you hope never to see again.

jpd1977uk 01-01-2011 10:25 AM

Well, I've put the other SIM I used when it messed up and it was fine this time round!!

aiharkness 01-01-2011 10:39 AM

Good. Hopefully that was the last time you'll ever see that happen.

jpd1977uk 01-02-2011 07:24 AM

Well, it happened again after a battery pull :(

I did a full wipe and a clean install... Lets see how this goes.

aiharkness 01-02-2011 07:29 AM

Strange.

But with that one SIM and not the other? In other words, the question will be if it happens only with the one SIM, or if that was just coicidence. My bet is on coincidence.

Post an update when you get the chance. If it keeps happening, start looking at third-party apps and themes installed on the handset.

Dubdub 01-02-2011 09:22 AM

Are the SIMS from the same carrier?

vliou 01-02-2011 06:58 PM

Try formatting and reinstalling the OS....other than that...umm...Bueler?

tsac 01-02-2011 09:22 PM

blackberry generally requires a 64k SIM. I wonder if the second SIM is smaller. either way it should not cause the issue. real wierd.

jpd1977uk 01-04-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1690223)
Strange.

But with that one SIM and not the other? In other words, the question will be if it happens only with the one SIM, or if that was just coicidence. My bet is on coincidence.

Post an update when you get the chance. If it keeps happening, start looking at third-party apps and themes installed on the handset.

Well, after I did a full wipe on Sunday just gone and a clean install, it now seems ok! The SIM im using is my 3 (UK).