BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best Twitter For Blackberry (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=124450)

dietcoke 04-09-2008 09:11 AM

Best Twitter For Blackberry

I have been using twitterberry for awhile and wasn't thrilled with it. I didn't like how you couldn't reply to people and the updates are not so frequent.

After looking at berryreview I see there is a new app called tinytwitter

Has a scrolling bar on the bottom with latest twits and is easy to use and works fast...

check it out at berryreview

TinyTwitter - Twitter For Free From Your BlackBerry | BerryReview

I have already removed twitterberry.

stockbidder2 04-09-2008 09:55 AM

Hello. I didn't care for Twitterberry either. Maybe I will try tinytwitter. Thanks for the info.

cwichura 04-11-2008 02:13 PM

The best Twitter client for _any_ platform, BlackBerries included, is your XMPP-based instant messenger program. This is because IM (and SMS, but we'll ignore that since you're on a real phone) is the only way to access the Twitter's 'track' feature. Their web interface, and their API interface, only supports 'follows'.

So fire up JiveTalk or RIM's Google Talk client and have at it.

pegb856 04-12-2008 03:31 PM

I'm running the 4.5 beta on my 8310 and although tinytwitter worked fantastic on the 4.2 OS, I have been unable to get it to connect with 4.5.

gameboy213 04-14-2008 01:03 AM

tiny twitter works great for me

chadmd23 07-24-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwichura (Post 891647)
The best Twitter client for _any_ platform, BlackBerries included, is your XMPP-based instant messenger program. This is because IM (and SMS, but we'll ignore that since you're on a real phone) is the only way to access the Twitter's 'track' feature. Their web interface, and their API interface, only supports 'follows'.

Too bad IM has been down forever!! I suffer with TinyTwitter, but wish I had an instant notification like IM was. Hmmm, maybe I'll try the SMS hack on AIM.

DeadRinga 07-24-2008 03:16 PM

I use SMS for twitter... but i also have the unlimited text plan. If you have that plan or one with enough text allowance already then it's basically like the IM twitter with all the same features.

kboyer 07-25-2008 04:45 PM

Thanks for this recommendation - TinyTwitter is great!

fourstringfuror 08-01-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

At the risk of discussing politics, I'll just say that there are some interesting goings-on in DC today. Twitter has become an important part of that, and I'm interested in learning more. I have JiveTalk, and really like it. Does Twitter work with JiveTalk? How?

Spoor 08-23-2008 11:30 AM

Yep, I want to know if Twitter works with JiveTalk also. I have Jivetalk and like it so far.

fourstringfuror 08-26-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Would you mind explaining how?

DeadRinga 08-26-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringfuror (Post 1075835)
Would you mind explaining how?

Go to Twitter's website. You have to configure it with them and then add a user to your GTalk client who you get the messages from (a bot).

fourstringfuror 08-26-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadRinga (Post 1076276)
Go to Twitter's website. You have to configure it with them and then add a user to your GTalk client who you get the messages from (a bot).

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

gdpmumin 08-26-2008 06:14 PM

Twitter does not currently work with IM, and hasn't for months, so there's no point in going there to set it up.

fourstringfuror 08-26-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdpmumin (Post 1076515)
Twitter does not currently work with IM, and hasn't for months, so there's no point in going there to set it up.

When I went to the Twitter site to check, I saw that Twitter only works via SMS. It would appear you're correct.

aecfusnacy 08-26-2008 06:43 PM

for some reason i can get tinytwitter to work for me either.....is there a desktop dl version?

=Doby 08-27-2008 02:16 PM

Not a big fan of twitter...

Register for a free callback account for your blackberry at itokk.mobi and save up to 85% off all your local and long distance calls on your wireless bill!

twibble 08-28-2008 06:57 AM

twibble for Blackberry

twibble.de is a twitter client which also runs on Blackberrys. You can twitter photos via twitpic and use GPS to update your twitter location.

Dirky 09-03-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twibble (Post 1078617)
twibble.de is a twitter client which also runs on Blackberrys. You can twitter photos via twitpic and use GPS to update your twitter location.

Yes I can vouch for this. I have been testing twibble for blackberry and it works pretty well as a twitter client. twibble :: a location aware twitter client for Mac OS, Windows, Mobile

johndwilson 11-07-2008 06:01 AM

I'm running tinytwitter on an 8800 using v4.5 and it is working fine. Sadly I've never managed to get Twitterberry to work - it installed fine but each time you try to tweet it responds with "Network Failure".