BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   nine-nine-o-o screen (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252382)

torberry 08-16-2011 11:09 AM

nine-nine-o-o screen

2 quick observation-

there is an extremely thin ledge between the top of the 4 keys and trackpad piece and the actual screen. I find that often, mostly when I am using the browser, then I move my finger over these keys to the screen I hit that ledge and it's a little sharp. Anyone else find this problem too?

Also, I find the actual touchscreen functionality pretty useless and also pretty inaccurate. On the broswer I am always hitting the screen area of the screen and the responsiveness is off. Any tips on the optimal setting?

Still love this device. Another homerun for RIM.8-)(y)

ZombieBerry 08-16-2011 12:46 PM

Re: nine-nine-o-o screen

Your touchscreen may be defective and I would see about getting it replaced. My berry has been perfect oob in regards to touchscreen sensitivity and functionality.

Not sure about the screen thing as I have a privacy/protection screen in place.

stevew 08-16-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torberry (Post 1738486)
2 quick observation-

there is an extremely thin ledge between the top of the 4 keys and trackpad piece and the actual screen. I find that often, mostly when I am using the browser, then I move my finger over these keys to the screen I hit that ledge and it's a little sharp. Anyone else find this problem too?

Also, I find the actual touchscreen functionality pretty useless and also pretty inaccurate. On the broswer I am always hitting the screen area of the screen and the responsiveness is off. Any tips on the optimal setting?

Still love this device. Another homerun for RIM.8-)(y)

They put that "ledge" there so you know you're hitting the screen - :razz:

torberry 08-16-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1738514)
Your touchscreen may be defective and I would see about getting it replaced. My berry has been perfect oob in regards to touchscreen sensitivity and functionality.

Not sure about the screen thing as I have a privacy/protection screen in place.

What do you set your sensitivity to?

ZombieBerry 08-16-2011 11:24 PM

Whatever it was set at when I took it oob.

Double Tap Interval: 400
Hover Time Normal
Open Pop-up Menu on Touch-hold - checked

stevew 08-17-2011 09:56 PM

@ the OP...I've tried a few 9900's. They all have this issue in the browser. I'm sure it's buggy software and that they all have this issue. Some links in the browser will not work by touch, only by trackpad. RIM was NEVER known for it's browser...they still suck, just a bit less now on the new devices. Maybe they'll get the browser right in QNX, one day.

Dlanod 08-18-2011 09:49 AM

This is well covered here on Crackberry 'Call-End button panel separating lifting up - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com' I'm taking mine back because of this and I'll not be getting another. Basically it's poor product design from RIM - which is very disappointing. The call end panel should be part of the screen - like it is on the curve - or it should have decent buttons like the 9780. The 9790 touch screen seems to have a single piece screen and semi soft keys.

pblakk 08-21-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlanod (Post 1738988)
This is well covered here on Crackberry 'Call-End button panel separating lifting up - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com' I'm taking mine back because of this and I'll not be getting another. Basically it's poor product design from RIM - which is very disappointing. The call end panel should be part of the screen - like it is on the curve - or it should have decent buttons like the 9780. The 9790 touch screen seems to have a single piece screen and semi soft keys.

I say have it replaced until you get a solid one. :)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile