BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Pick for me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=196072)

leec81 07-06-2009 02:52 PM

Pick for me

Hi,

I am currently a blackberry user, and enjoyed as well. My contact going to be up, so I am due for an upgrade. Peoples have probably asked this question thousands of times, which phone should I pick?

Currently, my cell phone provider is T-mobile and I have nothing but problems with them. Thinking about a possible switch to AT&T, since they have the Iphone, bold, curve etc. Well, I use my smart phone for emails, web browsing, and occasional I take it over sea for conference. But I do enjoy playing games on there once a while, so the time goes fast during airport lay over’s. Anyone can give me their expert advice on which phone I should get? Bold, Iphone 3Gs, or the curve?

CO_BBTechie 07-06-2009 03:06 PM

Why on Earth do people try to put this decision in someone else's hands? It's YOUR money.... Nobody can make that choice for you. Weigh your needs vs. the offerings and you will arrive at a decision.

penguin3107 07-06-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie (Post 1422185)
Why on Earth do people try to put this decision in someone else's hands?

Laziness.
Oh, and the ability to blame someone else when things don't go well with their purchase.

leec81 07-06-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1422189)
Laziness.
Oh, and the ability to blame someone else when things don't go well with their purchase.

Not really, not laziness or blame everyone. I have done my research, but like to hear from the actual users. I have read all the reviews, so it is just a topic to get user point of view.

leec81 07-06-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie (Post 1422185)
Why on Earth do people try to put this decision in someone else's hands? It's YOUR money.... Nobody can make that choice for you. Weigh your needs vs. the offerings and you will arrive at a decision.

Maybe, I should of revise the topic. Not asking anyone to pick for me, just to get some feedback from the users. That's all!

Horizon Wireless 07-06-2009 08:30 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 11000 Colosol)

I have the bold and the 3gs. I'll tell ya what. , if I were you I'd grab a bold. Great machine. You can't go wrong.

leec81 07-06-2009 09:15 PM

When I played with the bold at ATT store, I was having some problems with the trackball. It will freeze once a while, I don't get that with my 8320. Do you have that problem?

CO_BBTechie 07-07-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec81 (Post 1422401)
When I played with the bold at ATT store, I was having some problems with the trackball. It will freeze once a while, I don't get that with my 8320. Do you have that problem?

This is likely because it's a demo unit, and gets abused. A battery pull will likely resolve that. If you maintain your BlackBerry properly you shouldn't get this. Issues like this are generally device specific, not model specific. One bad Bold does not make that entire line bad.

Skinflaps 07-08-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec81 (Post 1422401)

If you've been using the 8320, I'd upgrade to the 8900. The 8900 is superior in almost every way but maintains the same keyboard feel that you are used to. The 8900 is offered on both T-Mobile and AT&T. I've actually heard of a lot of people switching from the Bold to the 8900 because they like the keyboard better. The only thing the 8900 has going against it is the lack of 3G, but aside from that, I like it better than the Bold.

Now if you really want a change, you can do what I'm doing and switch to Sprint and get the Palm Pre. I'm a long time BB user and love my 8900, but the Pre is simply the best smartphone ever released IMO.

Good luck!

leec81 07-08-2009 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reply. I do like the keyboard on the 8900, and don't really care for the 3G(I can wait 5 second). But I will take your advice on the Palm Pre, and going to check it out this weekend.

Skinflaps 07-08-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec81 (Post 1423520)
Thanks for the reply. I do like the keyboard on the 8900, and don't really care for the 3G(I can wait 5 second). But I will take your advice on the Palm Pre, and going to check it out this weekend.

check out some videos and reviews on youtube to help get you familiar with the features so you know what to try while you're playing with it.

Have Fun!

leec81 07-13-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinflaps (Post 1423959)
check out some videos and reviews on youtube to help get you familiar with the features so you know what to try while you're playing with it.

Have Fun!

Palm is not for me since I have big hand. The key is way too small, I put it down after 2 minutes.