BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9670 Series Discussion - Style (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Style doesn't notify me of voice mails???? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251520)

poolguy 07-22-2011 11:28 AM

Style doesn't notify me of voice mails????

This has happened several times now.

I'll get a voice mail indication, and then find that I've 5 or 6 additional unheard voice mails from a week or two prior - but never got any kind of indication that they were there. Also, only some of my voice mails wind up in my "visual voice mail".

Any ideas/thoughts?

I'm now just starting to get in the habit of calling my vm every once in a while, which is a PITA and a stupid waste of time.

Thanks for any help.

poolguy 07-25-2011 11:01 AM

Re: Style doesn't notify me of voice mails????

Just realized that I'd been getting some sort of "error" or "uncaught exception" message for the past couple weeks or so, and I never paid attention to it. When it showed up again today, I noticed its a "vvm" exception, which I assume means visual voice mail = vvm. Anybody have any info on this? I checked online for software updates, and there are none for the style right now, so I have no idea what's causing this.

poolguy 08-04-2011 01:13 PM

Well, yet another trip to the sprint store got my visual voice mail working again - FOR 5 HOURS - then it froze up again. And, my vm icon still doesn't light up when I get a vm.

This phone is ridiculous. Between not being able to recognize it's in the holster and not notifying me when I get a vm, it's a joke. This "free upgrade" I got back in february was nothing but a downgrade - which is what I've explained to sprint, when I brought up letting me take a different phone - which they now want me to pay $400 for. Absolutely ridiculous. My "upgrade" phone has never worked right since day 1, I pay for the insurance, and now they want ME to pay for a different phone, since I'm not "eligible" for another free upgrade until 2013.

So much time, gas, and effort wasted on this phone. Well, our now 10+ business phone account with sprint will soon be sprinting elsewhere for phone service.

cowgirl05 08-24-2011 09:20 PM

Originally the voicemail on the Style worked fine, but the last update on the OS kinda fried it. I just downloaded YouMail through BB app world, it's free (or the basic version is) and it's working a treat. It might even be just a tad faster than VVM was. So the Style is still rockin'. In my opinion anyway, it's been a solid reliable little phone.

poolguy 09-01-2011 12:08 PM

Wow, thanks for the reply! Funny (well, not funny) that the people at the sprint store aren't aware of this. Now at least I know I'm not just some crazy person whose vvm is junk.

Anyhow, I just went ahead and set up the YouMail app. Do I need to somehow delete or disable the crappy vvm that came with my style now?

juwaack68 09-01-2011 01:43 PM

We've had a handful of users here who have had this same issue. Sprint probably won't be offering an updated OS to it since they have discontinued the Style....

cowgirl05 09-01-2011 11:10 PM

No, I didn't. I don't mean this badly, but I made a trash folder for my style, I put all the stuff I can't delete into it to clear up my icons to just the ones I want or will use. After I downloaded YouMail, I put Visual Voice Mail in the "trash" folder, just because it makes for a cleaner menu listing.
They are discontinuing the Style????? Hope BB is coming out with another flip. Hubby was hoping for one. Course......maybe he could take mine and I could try the Torch...hmm.

juwaack68 09-02-2011 09:40 AM

They have discontinued the Style and we can't even get them as warranty replacements. I also did hear back from Sprint that this voicemail issue is a known issue and they and RIM are looking into it. So maybe a fix will be coming.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile