BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   (T-Mobile) insurance dilemma.. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=144335)

YaiMMaKoOLkiiD 08-08-2008 04:57 PM

(T-Mobile) insurance dilemma..

i have a blackberry curve 8320, and it's that titanium color... so here's the thing. i noticed that T-Mobile has a new color out, and i want it soooo bad-- the sunset color (or i'll even take the gold. i'm just tired of the drab gray color lol). i have insurance on the phone i have now, so i basically want to like 'lose' my trackball, call T-Mobile and tell them i need a replacement phone, sell the phone that's been 'damaged', and put that money towards the $110 deductible-- or just outright, pay the deductible myself.

my question is... if i say that my phone is 'damaged', will they make me send it back to them? bc if so, my plan will completely be foiled! lol. oh, and to the people who are already shaking their heads, i don't consider this a scam, or anything like that bc i'm WILLING to pay the deductible, and i'm not taking any money from T-Mobile, I'M paying them.

my second question is.. if i have to send the phone back, that's fine. but will they just give me back the color i had once before (boring titanium), or let me choose?

mckinneycm 08-08-2008 05:01 PM

How is this not a scam in your eyes? It would be the same thing as destroying your car on purpose so that you just have to pay your deductable and get a new car...... (n) :-(

SapperLeader 08-08-2008 05:03 PM

Lets start with what you suggest is essentially fraud, but I am sure you know that right?

In my experience with insurance they have always made me send back the damaged phone (if not they charge you full retail) and you get no choice of color in fact according to their terms they do not even have to send you the same model balckberry just a blackberry. That said I have always gotten the same model as my damaged one. I work in extreme environments so my phones take a beating.

Snownation 08-08-2008 05:19 PM

You can go to jail for this. I hope guilt settles in soon after you try this.

hnsimpson 08-08-2008 05:28 PM

Wirelessly posted (8310 AT&T)

Your mother should have spanked you more.

-simpson

hnsimpson 08-08-2008 05:30 PM

...Oh I forget:

lol

-simpson

BBSwany 08-08-2008 05:33 PM

You can always buy a housing from
Cellular Accessories - Accessories Store, Samsung, Nokia, SonyEricsson, BlackBerry, Tools, NEC, Apple,
Or
HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß
That's always better than committing insurance fraud. And the housings are about $ 50 which is half your deductible. Everyone wins. You don't go to jail and you change the color of your device! (y)

sgtcasey 08-08-2008 05:42 PM

T-Mobile only sells the insurance, Asurion is the one who you would deal with for any type of insurance claim.

To my knowledge you get the exact same phone that you insured to start with, so you'd get the same color.

Dave

John Clark 08-08-2008 05:45 PM

Dave is correct. And, yes it's considered insuarance fraud. It's such a small amount of money. It's hard to believe you'd give up your ethics and values for that.

Just order a new housing from HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß

dhollins 08-08-2008 05:47 PM

Tis....Tis....Tis

But, YES, you will have to send the bb to Assurion. They handle T-Mobile's claims. They will send you the same type/color bb. It will be a refurbish unit as well.

greggebhardt 08-08-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hnsimpson (Post 1052311)

Your mother should have spanked you more.

-simpson

The mother should have stuffed snow in it's mouth at birth!

It is hard to believe that people, these days, are so cold about being a thief, they can come here and ask advice about how to do it. I do not think this poster actually understands what he is doing is wrong and tries to justify it! He wants us to give him support! LOL!

sgtcasey 08-08-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 1052338)
The mother should have stuffed snow in it's mouth at birth!

It is hard to believe that people, these days, are so cold about being a thief, they can come here and ask advice about how to do it. I do not think this poster actually understands what he is doing is wrong and tries to justify it! He wants us to give him support! LOL!

It's more of a reflection on society as a whole I think. Fewer and fewer parents are teaching their kids the different between right and wrong. Instead they're teaching their kids that they're entitled to things no matter how they are able to come by those things.

Instead more parents should be teaching their children that their actions might not have consequences for them (unless they get caught) but they do have consequences for others (higher insurance prices).

<rant over!>

Dave

PabloTX 08-08-2008 06:15 PM

Besides the moral and legal implications, you're not even thinking about the financial ones.

For less than the deductible, you can get a housing set from a vendor like cnn.cn once they stock it. Changing the housing out is simple.

jsshapiro 08-08-2008 07:44 PM

Get "ORANGE" GLASSES....lol problem solved no insurance fraud!

ezrunner 08-08-2008 10:02 PM

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

If you file insurance typically you get same model same color however if they are out of your color they will send a different color! Send your BB to colorware you can get almost any color you want

What you are proposing is fraud

joginder 08-10-2008 10:48 PM

Keep in mind you will still pay about 100 $ for the deductible and is it worth ? also you mind end up with a "Not-brand-new" bb

kjjb0204 08-11-2008 12:03 AM

And after making the suggestion that you would do this, you should probably change your user name, cause it aint true.

Trimix 08-11-2008 12:45 AM

WHy not just spray paint it? One of the members on this forum changed his cover to a really nice blue. Don't have the link offhand.

fonejunkie 08-11-2008 01:12 AM

You could always get a 12 year old kid to solder something on it to make it look orange.

Insurance fraud is a crime. Crime costs everybody... and I don't want to 'chip in' for your new phone.