BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry World 2012 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   WES 2010 Party Buzz (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=221858)

mahoneym 03-13-2010 07:25 PM

WES 2010 Party Buzz

Has anyone heard any buzz about the entertainment for this year's WES party?

x14 03-15-2010 02:11 PM

Found this site for the AT&T party. Not sure if it's legit.

AT&T

nesbbj 03-16-2010 12:26 AM

ATT VIP party bash

Quote:

Originally Posted by x14 (Post 1580026)
Found this site for the AT&T party. Not sure if it's legit.

AT&T

I would say you found the right link. This looks just like the same type of site they used last year. I would also recommend the Executive meet if you have issues with your AT&T service. The Executive meet will allow you to meet candidly with AT&T upper management to discuss issues that you would like to see get resolved. I meet with them last year and it really made a difference in the service that we now get from AT&T.

Frank Castle 03-17-2010 10:25 AM

Now that I'm booked .. I'll reach out to all the carrier reps and should have more detail shortly.

DarthBBerry 03-17-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jletendre (Post 1580955)
Now that I'm booked .. I'll reach out to all the carrier reps and should have more detail shortly.

Yeah, you do that.... and glad to hear you're really gonna show up.
BlackBerry Chuckheads, UNITE! /raised fist

DarthBBerry, jletendre, Pinjo, AlanM, x14

x14 03-24-2010 02:01 PM

Dang... Still no confirmed legit party invite..

Guess I will be at the hotel bar... :-(

AlanM 03-24-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x14 (Post 1584569)
Dang... Still no confirmed legit party invite..

Guess I will be at the hotel bar... :-(

Verizon. I'm in.

DarthBBerry 03-25-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanM (Post 1584714)
Verizon. I'm in.

What did you hear? I've been bugging my people to see the theme this year. Hope its better than last year. 2007 and 2008 rocked.

Frank Castle 03-25-2010 12:30 PM

One down .. working on VZW, TMO .. looks like nothing but golf with Sprint.

AT&T VIP Bash (http://www.att-wes2010.com/vipevent)

• Wednesday April 28th 7-10pm
• Hard Rock Live! (NEW VENUE) at Universal Resort
• Transportation from Hotel to Event Provided
• Buffet and Bar
• “Name-Brand” Entertainment TBA!

Darth - stop beating up on Anonyomous3 ... it was a valid point ;)

DarthBBerry 03-26-2010 07:09 AM

Found out from a Verizon rep/organizer that will be at WES: the party this year will be the same as last year. From first hand experience, I'm gonna skip Verizon this year and pursue my Wednesday evening entertainment elsewhere. Heck, even the Verizon rep I spoke with said to go elsewhere. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jletendre (Post 1585080)
Darth - stop beating up on Anonyomous3 ... it was a valid point ;)

Umm.. yeah. What makes you think that was me? lol
Of course it was, but still... you know that BES Admin is a full time position with more involved that just playing with new BBs.

Frank Castle 03-26-2010 08:20 AM

I'm hearing the same. I don't think they even had prizes last year. Pinjo and I go eat then leave. T-Mo had that cuban nights by the pool which was fun.

Totally agree once you have a good number deployed, it just becomes a full time job. My remark was the poster was implying it's needed for any Blackberry deployment and it's not. I know places where the secretary manages it all.

30 days till WES!

DarthBBerry 03-26-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jletendre (Post 1585445)
I'm hearing the same. I don't think they even had prizes last year. Pinjo and I go eat then leave. T-Mo had that cuban nights by the pool which was fun.

Me, AlanM and Wick went in, got our free drinks and food and left. AlanM had a rental car and we went down to Downtown Disney; hung out in front of House of Blues socializing. Even ran into a high ranking Verizon rep I know that was INSIDE the ATT party at House of Blues. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jletendre (Post 1585445)
Totally agree once you have a good number deployed, it just becomes a full time job. My remark was the poster was implying it's needed for any Blackberry deployment and it's not. I know places where the secretary manages it all.

30 days till WES!

Heck yeah... 30 days! Sucks that you're leaving Thursday though. Thursday evening is when we do our "BlackBerry Forums Fellowship and Networking" exercise away from WES activities. (ie: Disney or Universal)

Pinjo 03-26-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 1585459)
Me, AlanM and Wick went in, got our free drinks and food and left. AlanM had a rental car and we went down to Downtown Disney; hung out in front of House of Blues socializing. Even ran into a high ranking Verizon rep I know that was INSIDE the ATT party at House of Blues. LOL

Heck yeah... 30 days! Sucks that you're leaving Thursday though. Thursday evening is when we do our "BlackBerry Forums Fellowship and Networking" exercise away from WES activities. (ie: Disney or Universal)

VZW definitely sucked last year. Not gonna miss ATT this time around.

30 days still seems like a long ways away. See you guys then.

bigwillokc 03-26-2010 10:58 AM

ATT has given out free devices the past two years.....now that they are doing electronic tickets its even better. I always take my wife and family with me and make a vacation out of it. Up until last year, ATT had a list at their booth and gave out paper tickets to the event, which means I couldn't get my wife in without at least buying her a companion pass to WES just to get to the booth and pick up a ticket. Last year they started doing electronic tickets that they send out to you via email. I submitted mine and my wife's addresses last year and we both got invites! It was nice to be able to take her along to enjoy the show after having to be away from her during the day at sessions. It also wasn't bad that they gave us both 8900's either!

p40jkuc 03-28-2010 08:25 AM

Hope they get someone better that Will i am, he was terrible last year, he only did a few songs and then sat on stage playing with his laptop the rest of the night.

The AT&T party last year rocked, Kenny Loggings was great!! Of course it rocked the year before too with Hooty & The Blowfish! Can't wait to see who they have this year.

nitroeh 03-29-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwillokc (Post 1585536)
ATT has given out free devices the past two years.....now that they are doing electronic tickets its even better. I always take my wife and family with me and make a vacation out of it. Up until last year, ATT had a list at their booth and gave out paper tickets to the event, which means I couldn't get my wife in without at least buying her a companion pass to WES just to get to the booth and pick up a ticket. Last year they started doing electronic tickets that they send out to you via email. I submitted mine and my wife's addresses last year and we both got invites! It was nice to be able to take her along to enjoy the show after having to be away from her during the day at sessions. It also wasn't bad that they gave us both 8900's either!

Was the free device given out to all attendees or only AT&T subscribers who attended the event? I was there and didn't get one.

Bonnarooed 03-29-2010 02:06 PM

They sent them out in the Fall after WES If I remember correctly. Mine came to the house.

bigwillokc 03-29-2010 09:55 PM

yes in 2008 they handed them out at the door when we left. last year they apparently didn't have the 8900 ready yet, but i received two of them at the house about 2 months after WES.

nitroeh 03-30-2010 01:18 PM

Bummer...never got mines. Hopefully this year.

BTW, Train will be performing at the AT&T Event this year.

BBHorrigan 03-30-2010 02:25 PM

who the hell is Train?