BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   network problem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=267186)

qhamani 02-19-2016 10:14 AM

network problem

Hi.

My blackberry 9720 use to download fast but recently it is too slow. when i download 1movie it takes 2 days to finish but before it use to take 20 minutes. Need help
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

aiharkness 02-20-2016 09:03 PM

Re: network problem

Are you using the mobile network, or wifi?

If network, then your complaint is most likely with the network operator. Or it may have to do with you. It could be a network problem, or maybe your network operator is throttling your data.

If wifi, and if it is your network, you need to troubleshoot that.

The first troubleshooting step with a legacy BlackBerry is remove the battery while the power is on, wait 30 seconds, and put the battery back and test.

For a wifi network, first troubleshooting step is power cycle the router and modem.

tsac 02-21-2016 07:21 PM

Tough to answer without a carrier listed.

rumanashekh 02-24-2016 04:44 AM

same my problem

natasha990 04-05-2016 07:48 AM

I am also facing the same problem here,wifi speed is excellent confused with this problem just need help.

tsac 04-05-2016 08:20 PM

Most carriers are experiencing big data use and as such are delaying or even limiting bandwidth. Delays in completing transport will continue and not much anyone can do about it except try to change carriers if one seems better in their area.
I have seen ATT delay text messages for minutes in my area,

tsac 04-08-2016 07:48 PM

You can download an App but if the delay is carrier caused nothing will help.

edwardsantiago 04-18-2016 06:45 AM

As more and more people begin to use telecommunications in their everyday lives, there is a myth that the initial technical problems are a temporary burden which will soon be lifted. In some cases this is true, at least for the short term, but since technology continues to change at a rapid rate, "technical difficulties" will always be with us. So some level of expertise with network problem solving will continue to be essential.

tsac 04-18-2016 08:17 AM

The general public regardless where they are may think they know how things work but in reality the carriers are all overloaded and the cost to increase the bandwidth from the cell site to the first office is expensive and in most cases not considered profitable or cost effective by carriers. You see the various radio frequencies being allocated to wireless use but at some point it will be full. Not all radio frequencies are available for cell phones and when the limit is reached bigger problems will be introduced.
There are limits to the amount of bandwidth fiber optic or copper cable can support.
The method used to transmit a data packet allows for delays and it is being used to "share" the road.

The fun is just starting

tsac 09-19-2016 11:14 AM

Again not much help can be given without details including the CARRIER.
9720, Passport and Professor are not carriers.

BonnyCanale 11-07-2016 04:13 AM

Ur question is too vague. You are not telling what carrier you are using or connected through wifi. And also, there can be an issue with server/PC you are getting the data from.

If the above two problems are not your case. Then, the only issue is with sync of your device with data packets, you are receiving.

knottyrope 04-12-2017 12:04 PM

I hope the OP has it fixed in 14 months

tsac 04-12-2017 02:06 PM

I would give it at lease 16 months

tsac 05-05-2017 03:53 PM

Print the information and send it via snail mail. Don't forget to put the right amount of stamps on the envelope.

tsac 06-18-2017 09:49 AM

If you read aiharkness's post you will see he suggested the modem reset.

jabu 07-14-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1818868)
If you read aiharkness's post you will see he suggested the modem reset.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac 07-14-2017 12:27 PM

I hear an echo!

pdsubraa 08-18-2017 05:36 AM

Vague question - please mention the carrier!

tsac 08-18-2017 09:02 AM

Mentioning the name of the carrier regardless of where your located does not give any personal information but does help people offer information on the possible issues.
The carriers have millions of customers.

Were at 18 months and counting.

karaquest 08-30-2017 11:45 AM

I can not set the settings for the Internet